"Tini58de's Florida Page" Florida by tini58de

Florida Travel Guide: 21,343 reviews and 47,129 photos

History, fun and space feeling

Here in Germany "Florida" is an equivalent for "holiday feeling", but also for "winter retreat for the elderly".

I was never much into explicitly touristy areas, so I never thought, Florida was a must see destination for me.

When my friends invited me to go to Florida with them, I happily accepted and I sure am glad I went!

We visited Disneyworld (of course!!!), St. Augustine and Cape Canaveral and that definitely was VERY interesting!

• Last visit to Florida: Dec 1974
  • Intro Updated Mar 15, 2004

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2008 at 3:55 PM

so glad you continued past Disney. St. Augustine is a favorite of mine. We saw Sally Ride take off at Canaveral space center. Amazing.

• Florida999's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2006 at 2:53 PM

You have been just about everywhere!! Ich musste lachen ueber den Komentar ueber die "aelteste Stadt" verglichen mit alten Staedten in Deutschland!! Hahaha , habe ich auch gedacht als ich zum ersten mal in St. Augustine war...

• myriam_c's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2005 at 4:07 AM

This has cost me blood, sweat and tears so to speak. I'm starving in the meantime ...

• sarahjayn's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2005 at 1:57 PM

i just got back from st. augustine - i've lived in florida my whole life and had only been once as a baby. it's cool, isn't it?

• Confucius's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2003 at 1:36 AM

What's new, Christine? Wow, where did you find these old Florida pics? The horse and buggy touts still lurk near St. Augustine's Castillo, the Apollo rockets still stand, and a day at Disney still takes an entire allowance. Not much change since you left!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2003 at 2:12 AM

Excellent tips: I didn't know about St. Augustine, looks a little bit European in contrast to the nest two :-)))

• AndyRG's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2003 at 5:38 AM

The Space Center is interesting, but Disneyworld even more! (Always kids, eh?)

• cadzand's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2003 at 11:42 PM

Hello ! Good morning and good start. Addiction ? :-)) One is never too old to enjoy Disneyworld :-))

• shdw100's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2003 at 5:10 AM

Great little page here, Christine. I liked St. Augustine as well, will have to get back to see NASA.

• Leipzig's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2003 at 12:46 AM

Very good descriptions! Did you see a launch at Cape Canaveral?

tini58de

“It's only with the heart that one can see rightly ... (A. de St. Exupery)”

Badges & Stats in Florida

Have you been to Florida?

Latest Activity in Florida