"Sardegna's South" Top 5 Page for this destination Sardegna by tini58de

Sardegna Travel Guide: 782 reviews and 2,290 photos

a highly underrated part of Italy!

We came to Sardegna by chance more or less:
my husband found a bargain flight from Stuttgart to Cagliari
and since we had never visited there, we decided to give it a try.

And we sure did not regret one single day!!!
We stayed in Cagliari and from there did day trips to Barumini, Villasimius and Nora.

We were fascinated by the beauty of the landscape,
the charm of the old part of Cagliari and the relaxing slow pace....

Since we were travelling in February, we definitely hit the low season! And this was one big plus! We had to use sign language more than once, since our Italian is almost non-existant and we did not always find people who spoke English, but everybody was so helpful and friendly and definitely made us feel very welcome!

Last, but definitely not least there was the food! Our host, Luca, had made us a list of Sardinian specialities and we sure did try to get a taste of as many of them as possible! What a delight! Read more about it in the "restaurant" and the "local customs" sections!

Please note: You will find some identical tips on this overview Sardegna page and my Cagliari page. This is due to the fact that I believe this information is important and interesting and I never know if people do read both pages. So if you recognize a tip from the other page, just skip it and move on to the next tip! Thanks!

• Last visit to Sardegna: Feb 2007
  • Intro Updated Feb 25, 2007

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Your cover page sounds like you go a lot of places and keep on moving. Good for you and this is another wonderful place to see.

• Sep 1, 2007 at 10:14 PM

How about this new one pretty stunning fotos: www.360sardinia.net .

• alza's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2007 at 9:29 AM

stunning Barumini pic on yr HP! was just looking for more here but will try to be patient... bye bye for now tini! p.s. great Cagliari pics!

• Leipzig's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2007 at 3:47 PM

What a beautiful place. --- da bekommt man ja richtig Lust auf Urlaub

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2007 at 12:09 PM

I would so love to visit this place. I was looking at it on the map the other night.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2007 at 6:52 AM

Mmmm, you've given me an idea - we're thinking about a trip to Italy later this year and Sardinia sounds just right :)

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2007 at 1:38 PM

Sardegna looks beautiful, especially in the off-season when you almost have it to yourself! Nice tip on the B&B too, my wife and I also like them. Your 'standing at the bar' tip reminded me of Portugal - same thing!

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2007 at 5:27 PM

Looks like a beautiful place Christine. Must put it on my ever-expanding list of 'must-see' destinations :)

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2007 at 6:04 AM

Looks like you had gorgeous weather for your visit!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2007 at 12:22 PM

Born to be wild - Sardinia. Fabulous page with brillaint sunny photos. :-)

tini58de

“It's only with the heart that one can see rightly ... (A. de St. Exupery)”

Badges & Stats in Sardegna

Have you been to Sardegna?

Latest Activity in Sardegna