"Welschnofen - Nova Levante" Top 5 Page for this destination Trentino-Alto Adige by tini58de

Trentino-Alto Adige Travel Guide: 1,099 reviews and 3,221 photos

A most enjoyable altitude training spot

The idea to spend a week in South Tyrol/Alto Adige in Italy came about after my friend Helga (VT member habert62) and I had cancelled a trip to Tibet - one of the many reasons being my fear of the high altitute there.

Well, when thinking of an alternative, we were thinking about a place to go for some "altitude training". And since we did not want to travel all that far, we opted for Italy.

We went to Welschnofen, a village near the "Rosengarten Massiv" and the "Latemar Massiv" and did some hiking, but mostly relaxing.

Helga found this wonderful apartment at the Vöstlhof and from there we ventured out to explore the environment. There is so much to do - but read about all that in my tips! One daytrip we made from here was to Bozen/Bolzano, where we met up with VT friend Maurizio.

The landscape is fantastic there, public transportation works well and due to the fact that the signs are not always very helpful we not only discovered fantastic spots, but also unknown hiking capacities in ourselves.....

I hope you will enjoy my page as much as I enjoyed these holidays!

• Last visit to Trentino-Alto Adige: Jul 2007
  • Intro Updated Aug 25, 2007

tini58de

“It's only with the heart that one can see rightly ... (A. de St. Exupery)”

Badges & Stats in Trentino-Alto Adige

Have you been to Trentino-Alto Adige?