Stockholm Favorite Tips by tini58de
Stockholm Favorites: 347 reviews and 384 photos
Favorite thing: Sweden is a democracy, but has a king and a (German born) queen - our Queen Silvia! Coming from a non-monarchy country, everything concerning king and queen and princesses and princes quite fascinates me!!!
We arrived on our wedding anniversary day, which was also King Karl Gustav's 60th birthday - it must have been quite an event! Drottningholm castle was closed to the public, lots of royalty was in town, the castles, changing of the guards, pictures, crowns, flags - strange to us, but lovely to watch!
Favorite thing: We are always on the lookout for outlooks - and here is our list for Stockholm:
1) Katharinahissen - a lift on the island of Södermalm that gives you a fantastic view of Gamla Stan
2) the tower of the Stockholm Cathedral right in the Gamla Stan
3) the TV tower (kaknästornet) with a height of 153 m should give you great views of all of Stockholm and its surroundings. We did not try this one, but we were told that it was well worthwhile!
4) the tower of the City Hall (stadhuset)
Favorite thing: Sweden only has 14 UNESCO World Heritage sites, two of which are in Stockholm:
The Royal Domain of Drottningholm
The Woodland Cemetary - Skogskyrkogården
Both of the places are well worth visiting - we enjoyed them a lot (please read about it on my "ThingsTo Do Tips"!)
Favorite thing: Stockholm is a wonderful city - you can walk around for hours and discover something new around every corner! We had the most fun looking out for details - and Stockholm is full of them! Little windows, signs, strange "art"work, beautiful sculptures - an incredible wealth of details!
So don't miss them and enjoy each single one of them!
Favorite thing: When preparing a trip to Stockholm there are a few sites in the net that I found very helpful:
- VT Stockholm Guide
- Stockholm Official Visitors Guide
- Stockholm weatherforecast
In my other tips I have included specific links, so do have a look there as well!
a little green would be nice....
Favorite thing: Well, this is a question that has no correct answer, since each and every season has its own charm.
I would just like to give you some pros and cons that you might want to take into consideration when planning a trip in early May:
- cheaper fares (airlines etc.)
- lots of vacancies in hotels and hostels
- less crowded
- some venues only open during the summer
- it might still be a little chilly (but we did have rather nice weather, so this is a "maybe")
- the vegetation was still rather "wintery" - 4 weeks later everything would have been blooming
ramp at the city hall
Favorite thing: There is a good coverage for aids for handicapped people: I did see quite a few ramps and signs showing access for wheelchairs, on all of the traffic lights you have acoustic signals for the blind and in buses and the metro you have visual displays showing you the name of the next stop and/or the final destination, so that hearing impaired persons will have their information as well (quite handy for foreign visitors as well!!!)
More Reviews (30)
- See All Steamboat to Drottningholm
- See All A Castle, a Theater and a Chinese Palace
- See All Blankets
- See All Kaffekoppen
tini58de's Related Pages
Stockholm Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Stockholm"
- "My own water baby"
- "Stockholm in 5 days"
- "STOCKHOLM - THE CITY OF BRIDGES!"
- "Stockholm - beauty on water"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stockholm
- Hotels in Stockholm
- Transportation in Stockholm
- Nightlife in Stockholm
- Restaurants in Stockholm
- Shopping in Stockholm
- Warnings and Dangers in Stockholm
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stockholm
- 37 Reviews
- 126 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Stockholm?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stockholm
- updated a Stockholm Travel Page "Stockholm - an alltime favourite!"
- Posted in Travel Karlsruhe Forum "Re: getting to the Baden Airpark ..."
- Commented on one of Kuznetsov_Sergey's Stockholm travel pages
- Wrote a Review Steamboat to Drottningholm about Boats in Stockholm Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Steamboat to Drottningholm"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 76 reviews, 154 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nancy Intro, 36 reviews, 149 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sevilla Intro, 32 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 37 reviews, 126 photos, 1 travelogue
- Riga Intro, 30 reviews, 127 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marseille Intro, 35 reviews, 118 photos
- Krakow Intro, 43 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Càgliari Intro, 30 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vernazza Intro, 30 reviews, 105 photos
- Paris Intro, 38 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Gamla Stan - The Old Town- 186 Reviews, 345 Photos
- Vasa Museum- 132 Reviews, 198 Photos
- Stadshuset - City Hall- 115 Reviews, 210 Photos
- Kungliga Slottet - Royal Palace- 93 Reviews, 164 Photos
- Sightseeing Boat Tours- 29 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Storkyrkan - The Great Church- 46 Reviews, 102 Photos
- Skansen- 111 Reviews, 239 Photos
- Södermalm- 36 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Absolut Ice Bar- 9 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Gröna Lund- 29 Reviews, 49 Photos
See All Stockholm Things to Do