Pays de la Loire Things to Do Tips by tini58de
Pays de la Loire Things to Do: 104 reviews and 164 photos
Villandry castle and gardens
Villandry is a castle with a spectacular garden architecture! Strictly geometrical and absolutely fascinating!!! I especially liked the herbal garden and the "love" garden! Fantastic!
church window in Tours
Tours is a nice city, as well: we enjoyed the old town, another great fleamarket, the cathedral with spectacular windows and the 'Musée du Compagnonnage': the handicrafts museum.
the roofs of Amboise
Aaaah! My absolute favourite place! There is this wonderful castle (the picture shows the view from the castle across to the campground), there is an extremely interesting museum called 'Le Clos-Lucé', where Leonardo Da Vinci has spent the last years of his life, the town itself is nice and the fleamarket was outstanding!!!!
We didn't go inside, but enjoyed the view of the castle. It looks like one of those old fortified castles with those huge towers - I bet that it is very beautiful inside, as well!
inside Cheverny castle
Cheverny was most interesting from the inside - most beautiful furniture, armours and decoration. It is the castle, that Hervé used in his comic "Tim und Struppi".
Chambord was our first castle:
it has fascinating architecture, 100s of little towers and a stunning interior! Especially the interwinding staircase was awesome!!
Chenonceau was the last castle we visited - it has a very interesting interior, but it definitely was VERY crowded!!! Very good written guide and very strict personnel !!!
More Reviews (5)
tini58de's Related Pages
Pays de la Loire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Les Chateaux de la Loire"
- "The Loire Valley and Blois"
- "La vallée des châteaux"
- "THE LOIRE VALLEY ---LAND OF CASTLES"
- "Loire Valley"
- "A la Cour de la Roy de France"
- "Valley of Kings -- Sixteen Loire Valley Chateaus"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pays de la Loire
- Hotels in Pays de la Loire
- Transportation in Pays de la Loire
- Nightlife in Pays de la Loire
- Restaurants in Pays de la Loire
- Shopping in Pays de la Loire
- Warnings and Dangers in Pays de la Loire
- See All...
Explore the World
- Devils Island Hotels
- El Salvador
- Fussen Hotels
- San Simeon
- Gurgaon Hotels
- Blanchisseuse Hotels
- Pearl's Hill City Park
- San Marino
Badges & Stats in Pays de la Loire
- 12 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Pays de la Loire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pays de la Loire
Photos in Pays de la LoireSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 76 reviews, 154 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nancy Intro, 36 reviews, 149 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sevilla Intro, 32 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 37 reviews, 126 photos, 1 travelogue
- Riga Intro, 30 reviews, 127 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marseille Intro, 35 reviews, 118 photos
- Krakow Intro, 43 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Càgliari Intro, 30 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vernazza Intro, 30 reviews, 105 photos
- Paris Intro, 38 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
Top Pays de la Loire hotels
- Nantes Hotels
- 215 Reviews - 614 Photos
- Angers Hotels
- 140 Reviews - 283 Photos
- Saumur Hotels
- 41 Reviews - 118 Photos
- Pornic Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 4 Photos
- Les Sables-d'Olonne Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 46 Photos
- La Tranche-sur-Mer Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 10 Photos
- La Baule-Escoublac Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 24 Photos
- Saint-Martin-de-la-Place Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 5 Photos
- Gorron Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Vigneux-de-Bretagne Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Vaiges Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Turquant Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Trignac Hotels
- 5 Hotels
- Trèves-Cunault Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 23 Photos
- Treillières Hotels
- 2 Hotels