"Bozen - Bolzano" Top 5 Page for this destination Bolzano by tini58de

Bolzano Travel Guide: 206 reviews and 518 photos

When planning a holiday in Alto Adige we were looking for some options to do a little sightseeing apart from the beautiful mountain scenery there.

Thanks to Maurizioago we had a wonderful option of discovering Bolzano together with him!

We spent a fantastic - but extremely hot - day together and had a great tour guide who showed us the well known sights, but also the hidden gems of Bolzano.

Little VT meetings always make a city more special for us - and Maurizio did a fantastic job showing us around! I especially loved the bookstores that he went to, the fantastic frescos in that church that we would not have discovered without him and of course the little narrow streets!

Had it not been so hot that day (it must have been over 30°C) I would have loved to walk along the river a little more, but we decided to go back to the little cooler and shadier areas instead, which was wonderful as well!

Maurizio, mille grazie once again for making this day in Bolzano so special for us!

• Last visit to Bolzano: Jul 2007
  • Intro Updated Aug 22, 2007

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2012 at 6:57 PM

sounds like a great visit. i wish i had been a VT member when i went there:) would love to go again and see more of the area. regards from maryland

• MissyWQ's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2008 at 12:33 PM

Nearly delivered a baby in Bolzano in 1960 after traveling from Germany to Bolzano via the winding Brenner Pass before they built a bridge over the rough roads.

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2007 at 4:50 AM

Nice page with great pictures and very interesting tips. A lovely city and countryside. It sounds like you had a fun visit here.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2007 at 11:25 AM

Beautiful page Christine! Seems like you had a great time in Bolzano! :-)) I never realized that this is such a beautiful city! I really like those frescos in the Domincan Church and Cloister.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2007 at 11:18 AM

Excellent page with interesting and useful tips and wonderful pics! Piazza Walther looks very attractive. The Cathedral and the Dominican Church have their charm on your photos. Thanks Christine for the virtual tour.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2007 at 4:06 AM

Great page :)) I see that you had a splendid local guide! The arcades remind me of Bern. Bozen seems to be a very pretty town.

• alza's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2007 at 7:51 PM

Been wanting to go since I saw a presentation at library here. Butchers wear a cute traditional hat fm time of the guilds I think. Those plates are really appetising! Looks like the 3 of you had a good time!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2007 at 8:47 AM

Gorgeous updates here 3000 bicycles until 2 p.m. is quite a large amount. I am surprised as well. Keep up the good work ... :-)

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2007 at 4:33 AM

I saw the same warning of flash floods when I was staying in Brixen/Bressanone in 2005 and I was also wondering what it was about! I really like this page, it brings back wonderful memories.

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2007 at 9:25 PM

You had a great day in Bolzano and made a great page of it!

tini58de

“It's only with the heart that one can see rightly ... (A. de St. Exupery)”

Badges & Stats in Bolzano

Have you been to Bolzano?

Latest Activity in Bolzano