Càgliari Favorite Tips by tini58de Top 5 Page for this destination
Càgliari Favorites: 14 reviews and 23 photos
Favorite thing: When preparing a trip to Cagliari, the following links might be helpful:
- Commune CAGLIARI.it
- discoveritalia.com /Cagliari
- myareaguide.com / Cagliari
- www.sardinien.com (in German)
- a 58 page description of the tourist attractions/PDF
signs of the Castello walk
Favorite thing: There are 4 suggested walks through Cagliari and each single one will not take more than two hours! You will be able to find signs both showing you where you are right now plus giving you some information (in Italian and English) about the sight.
There are walks through all four quarters of the old city of Cagliari:
And here is a German description of the walks:
Routen und Rundgänge durch Cagliari
Favorite thing: There are numerous churches in Cagliari, some of them dating back as far as the 15th century. It is always worth visiting them both from the outside and the inside.
Here is a list of churches in Cagliari with a short description of each one.
Please note: we found that quite a few churches were closed whenever we wanted to visit, so you better check on possible opening hours (especially if you travel off season!)!
Favorite thing: We went to Cagliari in February - off season for sure!! But we were really lucky with the weather: on the day of arrival it was still cloudy, but no rain, the next day it was sunny, but boy, did the Mistral blow!!! The third and fifth day were absolutely heavenly: blue skies and almost summerly temperatures and day four gave us the chance to visit some museums....
In general it was about 5 - 10°C warmer in Sardegna than in Germany at this time a year and we were very pleased with the weather!
Have a look at the weatherforecast for Cagliari to find out about the current weather conditions! And here is a German version with °C.
view from Bonaria gardens
Favorite thing: The first aerial view that you get of Cagliari is from the plane: since the airport Cagliari-Elmas is only 10 minutes drive out of the city, you will be able to enjoy this spectacular view just before landing!
But there are other possibilities as well:
the Castello district is on a plateau and gives you a fantastic view of the surrounding quarters like La Marina, the salines, the harbor, the beaches etc. Walk up to Castello or use one of the lifts (see my transportation tip for that).
While in the Castello quarter, you will have a chance to climb one of the towers: the Elephant tower or the Pancratius tower - but watch out: the stairs are really steep! Even though we love towers and tend to climb at least one or two in every city, we did not feel the urge to do so in Cagliari, because the other options are just as nice!
On the other side of town you have a spectacular view from the Bonaria gardens or the cemetary over to the Castello district - a view that I enjoyed even more!
More Reviews (25)
- See All Municipio - the town hall
- See All Mistral
- See All Drive if you dare
- See All Balconies
tini58de's Related Pages
Càgliari Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cagliari, the city of the sun"
- "Cagliari - Ancient Phoenecian City"
- "The gem !!!"
- "NOT MY FAVORITE CITY CAGLIARI"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Càgliari
- Hotels in Càgliari
- Transportation in Càgliari
- Nightlife in Càgliari
- Restaurants in Càgliari
- Shopping in Càgliari
- Warnings and Dangers in Càgliari
- See All...
Explore the World
- Santiago Hotels
- Sungai Bakap Hotels
- Isla Boca Brava Hotels
- San Antonio
- Guatamare Hotels
Badges & Stats in Càgliari
- 30 Reviews
- 111 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Càgliari?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Càgliari
Photos in CàgliariSee All Photos (111)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 76 reviews, 154 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nancy Intro, 36 reviews, 149 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sevilla Intro, 32 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 37 reviews, 126 photos, 1 travelogue
- Riga Intro, 30 reviews, 127 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marseille Intro, 35 reviews, 118 photos
- Krakow Intro, 43 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Càgliari Intro, 30 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vernazza Intro, 30 reviews, 105 photos
- Paris Intro, 38 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues