"Riomaggiore - it's all about love...." Top 5 Page for this destination Riomaggiore by tini58de

Riomaggiore Travel Guide: 291 reviews and 941 photos

When we visited Cinque Terre in September 2006,
we came to Riomaggiore twice. And both times we really loved it!

Riomaggiore is a cheerful village with colorful houses and great views,
lots of stairs to overcome and small paths and alleys all around.

The first time was to celebrate my husband's birthday in a restaurant recommended by sue_stone - everything was perfect and we loved Riomaggiore, "La Lanterna" and every bite of the delicious food!

We later returned to Riomaggiore to walk the Via dell'Amore, the (paved) footpath leading to the next village, Manarola. It was enjoyable, easy walking and we did enjoy the scenery and the wonderful views of the Mediterranean (and the gorgeous graffiti as well)!

All in all we love to think back to Riomaggiore and sure would like to go back one day!

• Last visit to Riomaggiore: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Mar 31, 2007

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2009 at 2:57 AM

Another really helpful page for our forthcoming visit - many thanks Christine

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2008 at 1:52 AM

Nice page. I have to go there one day. Ciao!

• Kid-A's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2007 at 11:49 PM

Hi Christine, I very much enjoyed your Riomaggiore page. I'm looking at all the places I must see in Italy when I go there next Spring, and Cinque Terre looks like a must see! Thanks, Brian

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2007 at 11:06 AM

Hi Christine, you've made another lovely new page here. Glad you found (through VT) such a great place to celebrate Heinz's birthday.

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2007 at 10:36 AM

Excellent transportation tips and views - greetz

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2007 at 10:05 AM

Wow, I now realize I should have stayed a day extra to do that boat tour, the views from the boat are so wonderful! And the food at the restaurant sounds absolutely delicious!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2007 at 12:49 AM

An excellent page and another good reason to go to 5terre soon again. Unfortunately I saw Riomaggiore just from the distance, when passing by in the boat to Vernazza

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2007 at 1:06 AM

Phew - I am so relieved that you enjoyed your lunch at La Lanterna!! The food you chose looks delicious. (I never knew about that lift!!)

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2007 at 10:24 PM

Beautiful intro-pic! Great page! Hugs - Ulrike

• marmotta_ka's Profile Photo
    Apr 2, 2007 at 1:34 PM

Thx for that wonderful view...pages...pics. Good work!

tini58de

“It's only with the heart that one can see rightly ... (A. de St. Exupery)”

Badges & Stats in Riomaggiore

Have you been to Riomaggiore?

Photos in Riomaggiore