"Fair Isle - Britain's most remote inhabited island" Fair Isle by tini58de

Fair Isle Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 85 photos

Fair Isle is the southernmost island of the Shetlands and it is truly a very remote place!

On our trip to the Arctic we landed on Fair Isle and spent a few hours there - very enjoyable hours, too with a nice walk, some bird watching and half of the inhabitants welcoming us with a little trade fair.

I love to think back of this short stay-
it really was heartwarming!

• Last visit to Fair Isle: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 3, 2005

• martierd's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2007 at 7:38 AM

What a great shot!! Fabulous pic and that slope looks incredible!

• RuthLuvsPaul's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2007 at 9:55 PM

Fair Isle sounds amazing. I just have to know, is that a real picture of the puffins? They look so cartoonlike!

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2007 at 9:07 PM

Strange pink creature! I really enjoyed reading your tipps about this remote island!

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2007 at 1:20 AM

great page, we never got there while on Shetland.... because of bad weather. Your photos are lovely

• Oct 24, 2006 at 7:43 AM

Absolutely fantastic.... And it reminds of British professional etiquetties,the lady who posted that promptly,something which is lacking inmany partsof the world!!!

• ginte's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2006 at 12:33 AM

Just adorable the main pic of puffins!!! Those birds are so lovely! I liked your Fair Isle page. It looks worth a visit, especially if you can travel around it on feet :)

• mariev's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2006 at 12:37 PM

Suerb images of an 'exotic' place. My 7 years old daugther is looking over my shoulder and now wants : a. a puffin, b. to go to Fair Isle for the next holidays! Have a nice week-end Christine (hopefully a bit warmer)

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2006 at 1:00 AM

These pages are wonderful.Incredible place and you managed to capture a good feel of the place. The puffin is a beautiful bird. But I wouldn't fancy that boat road in bad weather! Thanks for sharing.Tim

• kathymof's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2006 at 11:43 AM

Yes I did get a big laugh at your phone booth pic - almost identical to mine and I have seen others too, not sure where. Your lighting is better than mine.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2006 at 11:48 AM

wondereful pics and tips.. missed fail isle in my scottish trip. foul weather in lerwick: logan air never took off (for 3 consecutive days)

tini58de

“It's only with the heart that one can see rightly ... (A. de St. Exupery)”

Badges & Stats in Fair Isle

Have you been to Fair Isle?