"Nancy - UNESCO site and cradle of Art Nouveau" Top 5 Page for this destination Nancy by tini58de

Nancy Travel Guide: 189 reviews and 639 photos

Nancy has long been on our travel list - especially since it is the partner city of Karlsruhe!

We decided to spend two days there and really enjoyed every minute of it!

We started off with a wonderful antique/fleamarket (and of course brought back two souvenirs!!!), did a lot of sightseeing, celebrated our wedding anniversary there and loved the Art Nouveau buildings a lot!

Nancy is a city that I really liked a lot: lots of interesting architecture, a quite unusual way of use of their UNESCO World heritage site, great cafés and restaurants, enough places to relax and very walkable!

I do hope you enjoy my tips just as much as we enjoyed our stay there!

• Last visit to Nancy: May 2007
  • Intro Updated May 28, 2007

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Nice page!

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2011 at 5:50 PM

That trout with rice and veg looks mouth watering! I really enjoyed your page, Christine. Thank you.

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2010 at 11:25 AM

going to Nancy soon and this must be a place to visit. All nice photos and useful tips.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Nancy is a must visit from your tips and photos, very nice! I have never heard of a dog lane either, LOL's!

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2009 at 12:18 AM

What a stunning page! I must add Nancy to my wish list for future travels ;-)

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2008 at 10:51 AM

Hallo Christine! Mensch, da hast Du Dir ja etwas vorgenommen - viele Tips fuer so viele Trips zu schreiben! Deine Seite fand ich toll; Hunde-Gehwege, super! Ich werde wahrscheinlich bis zum naechsten Jahrzehnt an meiner Schottland Seite arbeiten!

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2007 at 8:47 PM

I was looking to see what was in the area around Karlsruhe and found Nancy, I love art nouveau architecture, maybe I'll get here next year if I go to the meet :-)

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2007 at 9:59 AM

I have been several times in Nancy for my job but never found the time to really visit. Except Place Stanislas, of course! I should come back for an actual visit! I have discovered a lot in your page, especially with Art nouveau!

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2007 at 8:30 AM

Love the architecture you took photos of!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2007 at 11:52 AM

Wow! Nancy is quite a lovely location with some of my favorite attributes. Enjoyed your hotel tip very much. I love Art Nouveau so it really is enticing, and your well executed tips make it alluring. Great work.

tini58de

“It's only with the heart that one can see rightly ... (A. de St. Exupery)”

Badges & Stats in Nancy