"Nancy - UNESCO site and cradle of Art Nouveau" Top 5 Page for this destination Nancy by tini58de

Nancy Travel Guide: 189 reviews and 639 photos

Nancy has long been on our travel list - especially since it is the partner city of Karlsruhe!

We decided to spend two days there and really enjoyed every minute of it!

We started off with a wonderful antique/fleamarket (and of course brought back two souvenirs!!!), did a lot of sightseeing, celebrated our wedding anniversary there and loved the Art Nouveau buildings a lot!

Nancy is a city that I really liked a lot: lots of interesting architecture, a quite unusual way of use of their UNESCO World heritage site, great cafés and restaurants, enough places to relax and very walkable!

I do hope you enjoy my tips just as much as we enjoyed our stay there!

• Last visit to Nancy: May 2007
  • Intro Updated May 28, 2007

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2011 at 5:50 PM

That trout with rice and veg looks mouth watering! I really enjoyed your page, Christine. Thank you.

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2010 at 11:25 AM

going to Nancy soon and this must be a place to visit. All nice photos and useful tips.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Nancy is a must visit from your tips and photos, very nice! I have never heard of a dog lane either, LOL's!

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2009 at 12:18 AM

What a stunning page! I must add Nancy to my wish list for future travels ;-)

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2008 at 10:51 AM

Hallo Christine! Mensch, da hast Du Dir ja etwas vorgenommen - viele Tips fuer so viele Trips zu schreiben! Deine Seite fand ich toll; Hunde-Gehwege, super! Ich werde wahrscheinlich bis zum naechsten Jahrzehnt an meiner Schottland Seite arbeiten!

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2007 at 8:47 PM

I was looking to see what was in the area around Karlsruhe and found Nancy, I love art nouveau architecture, maybe I'll get here next year if I go to the meet :-)

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2007 at 9:59 AM

I have been several times in Nancy for my job but never found the time to really visit. Except Place Stanislas, of course! I should come back for an actual visit! I have discovered a lot in your page, especially with Art nouveau!

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2007 at 8:30 AM

Love the architecture you took photos of!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2007 at 11:52 AM

Wow! Nancy is quite a lovely location with some of my favorite attributes. Enjoyed your hotel tip very much. I love Art Nouveau so it really is enticing, and your well executed tips make it alluring. Great work.

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2007 at 10:19 AM

Just our kind of place! What a stunning town to explore!!!!! I love everything about it :) Thanks for such a delicious look Christine... we will have to make a plan to go here when we get our schengen next summer :) x

tini58de

“It's only with the heart that one can see rightly ... (A. de St. Exupery)”

Badges & Stats in Nancy