"Wissembourg/Weissenburg" Top 5 Page for this destination Wissembourg by tini58de
Wissembourg Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 361 photos
originally it was a Roman settlement,
but the town really began to prosper in the 7th century,
when it grew up around a Benedictine abbey.
Today you can still visit the church, but also enjoy the halftimbered houses,
the ramparts and the small streets and alleys of Wissembourg.
We always enjoy taking friends here, because many of them are excited to go to France (while visiting us in Germany) plus the route we take through the vinyards of Rheinland Pfalz is so picturesque as well!
There is a wide variety of traditional Alsatian costumes and it is quite interesting to not the differences: of course... more travel advice
This tower was erected in 1420 and has ever since guarded the entrance gate that led into the city of Wissembourg. It... more travel advice
tini58de's Related Pages
Wissembourg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WISSEMBOURG - WELCOME TO THE ALSACE"
- "Welcome to WISSEMBOURG"
- "Wissembourg - lovely gem of L'Alsace"
- "Bienvenue à Wissembourg!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wissembourg
- Hotels in Wissembourg
- Transportation in Wissembourg
- Restaurants in Wissembourg
- Shopping in Wissembourg
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Wissembourg
- 15 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Wissembourg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wissembourg
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karlsruhe Intro, 76 reviews, 154 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nancy Intro, 36 reviews, 149 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sevilla Intro, 32 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 37 reviews, 126 photos, 1 travelogue
- Riga Intro, 30 reviews, 127 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marseille Intro, 35 reviews, 118 photos
- Krakow Intro, 43 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Càgliari Intro, 30 reviews, 111 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vernazza Intro, 30 reviews, 105 photos
- Paris Intro, 38 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues