"Hansestadt Hamburg" Hamburg by DanielF
Hamburg Travel Guide: 1,495 reviews and 3,537 photos
Hamburg was one of the leading cities of the Hansa liga, a commercial association that dominated trade in Northern Europe for many centuries.
Although it was practically turned to ashes after WWII, today Hamburg is one of the most prosperous and elegant cities in Germany, and, in spite of the rainy weather, the one that probably offers the best quality of life to its citizens.
The main fact about Hamburg is that there is a lot of water everywhere: canals, the Alster, and the large stuary of the river Elbe.
Although Hamburg is ca. 100 km away from the sea, the stuary is so broad that it hosts Germany's most active port and the second in Europe: plenty of big ships, containers, cranes and warehouses in a unique industrial landscape.
Even if I've been told that Hamburg is the city in Germany with the highest crime rate, I didn't consider the city... more travel advice
Enjoy the Alster. It is great that the city center is occupied by this man-made lake. From the bridge that divides it... more travel advice
DanielF's Related Pages
Hamburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hamburg - a lot of great memories"
- "Port Hamburg Welcomes You!"
- "The Forgotten Hamburg"
- "FIFA came & went! But There's Still Lots To Do!"
- "Welcome to Hamburg"
- "In the footsteps of . . . Schnabelewopski?!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hamburg
- Hotels in Hamburg
- Transportation in Hamburg
- Nightlife in Hamburg
- Restaurants in Hamburg
- Shopping in Hamburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Hamburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hamburg
- 7 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Hamburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hamburg
Photos in HamburgSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 172 reviews, 749 photos, 7 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 150 reviews, 554 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santander Intro, 100 reviews, 441 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bilbao Intro, 75 reviews, 306 photos, 6 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 50 reviews, 180 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 49 reviews, 115 photos, 7 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 33 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 41 reviews, 118 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 46 reviews, 110 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 42 reviews, 111 photos, 9 travelogues