"Liege" Liège by DanielF
Liège Travel Guide: 195 reviews and 576 photos
Liege, or Luik in Dutch, is the largest city in Wallonia and its cultural centre.
Until the foundation of of the Belgian State, Liege was a principality ruled by prince-bishops with a great autonomy within the German Empire.
In the XIX century, it profited of its strategic situation on the river Meuse and the wealth provided by the coal mines in its surroundings. The decline of the heavy industry in the second half of the last century led the city into a difficult situation of which it has managed to recover thanks to its vitality as a regional centre.
Take a stroll on the banks of the river Meuse. It divides the city and connects it to the rest of the world. Cross one... more travel advice
Liege is Wallonia's largest city and its cultural centre. But in fact, Liège has also a strong personality by itself, as... more travel advice
DanielF's Related Pages
Liège Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In the footsteps (or wagon ruts) of Victor Hugo"
- "La Cité Ardente"
- "The Fiery City in Wallonia"
- "Liege, Luttig, Luik"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Liège
- Hotels in Liège
- Transportation in Liège
- Nightlife in Liège
- Restaurants in Liège
- Shopping in Liège
- Warnings and Dangers in Liège
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Liège
- 11 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Liège?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Liège
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 172 reviews, 749 photos, 7 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 150 reviews, 554 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santander Intro, 100 reviews, 441 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bilbao Intro, 75 reviews, 306 photos, 6 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 50 reviews, 180 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 49 reviews, 115 photos, 7 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 33 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 41 reviews, 118 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 46 reviews, 110 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 42 reviews, 111 photos, 9 travelogues