"Tournai" Tournai by DanielF
Tournai Travel Guide: 143 reviews and 336 photos
(... and a belfry, and even a canal-like river)
Belgium is a small country, but its density in works of art and beautiful cities is such, that it is somehow understandable that gems like Tournai are overlooked by most of the visitors to the country.
However, Tournai (or Doornik in Flemish), being the oldest city in Wallonia (and in Belgium, together with Tongres) has an impressive artistic legacy which includes two sites listed in the UNESCO World Heritage List: Its five-towered cathedral church and its belfry.
- Pros:As usual in Belgium, the core of the city is full of art and enchantment
- Cons:As usual in Belgium, the chances to see a blue sky are not high
- In a nutshell:One of the most interesting religious buildings in Belgium
Episcopal Square is overwhelmingly presided by the main façade of the Cathedral Church, but there are also some other... more travel advice
Although born in Northern France, the Scheldt river (Escaut, as it is known locally, or Schelde in Flemish) is one of... more travel advice
DanielF's Related Pages
Tournai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tournai, the merovingian capital !!"
- "TOURNAI IS THE OLDEST CITY IN BELGIUM"
- "A city with a lot of history!"
- "Tournai (in flemisch "Doornik")"
- "VT-meeting Tournai"
- "Historic Tournai - ?oldest town in Belgium"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tournai
- Hotels in Tournai
- Transportation in Tournai
- Nightlife in Tournai
- Restaurants in Tournai
- Shopping in Tournai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tournai
- 21 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Tournai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tournai
Photos in TournaiSee All Photos (69)
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 172 reviews, 749 photos, 7 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 150 reviews, 554 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santander Intro, 100 reviews, 441 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bilbao Intro, 75 reviews, 306 photos, 6 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 50 reviews, 180 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 49 reviews, 115 photos, 7 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 33 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 41 reviews, 118 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 46 reviews, 110 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 42 reviews, 111 photos, 9 travelogues