"Granada: Moorish castles on the shadow of Sierra N" Granada by DanielF
Granada Travel Guide: 2,006 reviews and 4,927 photos
The very first attraction of Granada is the Alhambra. The mauresque fantasies of this palace-fortress make of this place on of the masterworks of Muslim architecture. Its location on top of a hill overlooling the city and with the background of the majestic Sierra Nevada provide one of the best sceneries to enjoy a sunset.
The long period of Muslim domination is still easy to see in Granada. In fact their achievements were so admired by the Christians, that they respected their artistic creations and even continued their style in the following centuries. The islamic community has become very active in the last decades with new inmigrants arrived from North Africa and some neighborhoods, still remind of the Arab countries.
Besides this, Granada is a lively university city, sith other interesting places to visit, like the Cathedral, the Chancillería, the Cartuja, the Paseo de los Tristes and many more.
The neighbour province of Jaén is relatively unknown and full of jewels to be discovered. You can see more pictures in... more travel advice
go to the Alhambra. This is quite obvious and probably the main reason why you came to Granada. although it is full of... more travel advice
DanielF's Related Pages
Granada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Granada"
- "Much More Than The Alhambra"
- "And How to fall in love with a city...."
- "Feel of Old Islam in Spain"
- "Beautiful architecture and fantastic views!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Granada
- Hotels in Granada
- Transportation in Granada
- Nightlife in Granada
- Restaurants in Granada
- Shopping in Granada
- Warnings and Dangers in Granada
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Granada
- 4 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Granada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Granada
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Should tourists silence..."
- updated a Granada Travel Page "Granada: Moorish castles on the shadow of Sierra N"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Granada: Moorish castles on the shadow of Sierra N"
- Commented on one of TempNomad's Granada travel pages
- Wrote a Review The neighbour province of Jaén... about EXCURSIONS in Granada Off The Beaten Path
Photos in GranadaSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 172 reviews, 749 photos, 7 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 150 reviews, 554 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santander Intro, 100 reviews, 441 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bilbao Intro, 75 reviews, 306 photos, 6 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 50 reviews, 180 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 49 reviews, 115 photos, 7 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 33 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 41 reviews, 118 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 46 reviews, 110 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 42 reviews, 111 photos, 9 travelogues