"Morella, capital of Els Ports" Morella by DanielF
Morella Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 114 photos
The choice of this location to found a town was due to the inexpugnability of the rock known as "La Mola". On top of the rock, a castle was built of which only the ruins stand today.
Morella has lost its strategic significance and welcomes today every visitor looking for art and history.
The landscape of the northern part of the province of Castelló is austere and mystical. It provides a different aspect of the Valencian region from what most visitors expect, namely beach and sun. Here snow is not rare in the winter and nature and history lovers will be at their ease.
Strolling in the streets of Morella, you will be able to taste the delicious local gastronomy, to buy local crafts or simply breath in the air of the past.
An old aristocratic house has been turned into a comfortable hotel, which is the best option for accomodation in town. more travel advice
Although Morella is close to the Mediterreanean, it lyes high upon the sea level. For this reason, winters are cold... more travel advice
DanielF's Related Pages
Morella Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Morella, un pueblito poco conocido"
- "Morella, capital of Els Ports"
- "Majestic Citadel Perched on the Steep Hill"
- "Morella and its Castle"
- "EL MAESTRAT"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Morella
- Hotels in Morella
- Transportation in Morella
- Restaurants in Morella
- Warnings and Dangers in Morella
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Morella
- 22 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Morella?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Morella
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 172 reviews, 749 photos, 7 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 150 reviews, 554 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santander Intro, 100 reviews, 441 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bilbao Intro, 75 reviews, 306 photos, 6 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 50 reviews, 180 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 49 reviews, 115 photos, 7 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 33 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 41 reviews, 118 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 46 reviews, 110 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 42 reviews, 111 photos, 9 travelogues