"Murcia" Murcia by DanielF
Murcia Travel Guide: 89 reviews and 198 photos
Murcia is a relatively modern city, by Spanish standards. It was founded by Aderrahman II during the Moorish occupation of South Spain, in the IX century. The city took advantage of its location in the middle of the fertile Segura Valley. Apart from the smart irrigation methods imported by the Arabs, there is few left from that time. Most of the buildings of interest in Murcia date back to the splenderous Barroque periode, whose pièce de résistence is the impressive main façade of the cathedral.
A very lively area where you can go to have your appéritif or a vermouth before lunch. more travel advice
DanielF's Related Pages
Murcia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Murcia, churches and much more!!"
- "Living in Murcia"
- "First visit"
- "Murcia visits"
- "Orchard of Europe"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Murcia
- Hotels in Murcia
- Transportation in Murcia
- Nightlife in Murcia
- Restaurants in Murcia
- Shopping in Murcia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Murcia
- 7 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Murcia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Murcia
Photos in MurciaSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 172 reviews, 749 photos, 7 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 150 reviews, 554 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santander Intro, 100 reviews, 441 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bilbao Intro, 75 reviews, 306 photos, 6 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 50 reviews, 180 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 49 reviews, 115 photos, 7 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 33 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 41 reviews, 118 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 46 reviews, 110 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 42 reviews, 111 photos, 9 travelogues