"Santander" Top 5 Page for this destination Santander by DanielF
Santander Travel Guide: 355 reviews and 1,083 photos
A number of tragedies in the XIX and the XX centuries have resulted in the vanishing of most of the city's historical legacy in terms of architecture. Yet, Santander, with its refined atmosphere and sophisticated beach culture, remains a highly rewarding place to visit. As a matter of fact, if I had to choose a beach destination around the world, this would definitely be one of my first options. But then, my choice would be totally be biased by my memories.
Santander is a city built on the sea, which is almost everpresent. The salty air, the golden sand beaches, the vistas from its steep streets... At every step you take, the often fierce Bay of Biscay (here called Cantabrian Sea) likes to remind you of the fact that you cannot be far away from it anywhere in the city.
And who would want to, in the presence of one of the world's most scenic bays?
- Pros:The chic-ness, the hype, the flair
- Cons:Provincial attitudes
- In a nutshell:The cosiest bay ever
With its mild climate, Santander is a year-round destination; but it shows its most exciting side during the Summer... more travel advice
A few metres further, you can visit the former Hospital of Saint Raphael, which was built in the XVIII century and... more travel advice
- See All Comfortable Hotel Overlooking the Port
- See All Stroll Time
- See All The Pedreñeras
- See All Play *Palas*
- See All Beach of Mataleñas
DanielF's Related Pages
Santander Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Santander Empezó la fiesta - Fiesta has started"
- "The Rain is Spain"
- "Cantabrian Capital."
- "This is my home town"
- "The green Spain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santander
- Hotels in Santander
- Transportation in Santander
- Nightlife in Santander
- Restaurants in Santander
- Shopping in Santander
- Warnings and Dangers in Santander
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santander
- 100 Reviews
- 435 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Santander?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santander
Photos in SantanderSee All Photos (435)
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 172 reviews, 749 photos, 7 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 150 reviews, 554 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santander Intro, 100 reviews, 441 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bilbao Intro, 75 reviews, 306 photos, 6 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 50 reviews, 180 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 49 reviews, 115 photos, 7 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 33 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 41 reviews, 118 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 46 reviews, 110 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 42 reviews, 111 photos, 9 travelogues