"The "Mudéjar" city" Teruel by DanielF
Teruel Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 98 photos
Teruel is famous in Spain for its "Mudéjar" architecture. This style was developped by the Moors that stayed in Spain after the Christian Reconquista and is easily recognisable by the use of Islamic and European decorative elements and construction methods. Its main feature is the use of bricks and tiles disposed in geometrical compositions with a great artistic value.
Apart from the cathedral, real jewel of the "Mudéjar" art, there are many buildings where this special architecture can be admired, especially in the famous towers of Saint Martin and Saint Saviour.
The peculiarities of the Mudéjar art in Aragón, and particularly in the city of Teruel, have been acknowledged by the UNESCO, who has included it in the List of World Cultural Heritage.
Teruel is basically known, in terms of tourism, for its four Mudejar towers: Saint Peter, Saint Saviour, Saint Martin... more travel advice
This impressive work of civil engineery from the XVI century provided with the city with water until the establishment... more travel advice
DanielF's Related Pages
Teruel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Teruel, Mudéjar city"
- "¡Teruel Existe!"
- "The "Mudéjar" city"
- "Yes, Teruel Exists!"
- "Teruel Existe! ... or Teruel does exist!"
- "Teruel existe!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Teruel
- Hotels in Teruel
- Transportation in Teruel
- Restaurants in Teruel
- Warnings and Dangers in Teruel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Teruel
- 15 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Teruel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Teruel
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 172 reviews, 749 photos, 7 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 150 reviews, 554 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santander Intro, 100 reviews, 441 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bilbao Intro, 75 reviews, 306 photos, 6 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 50 reviews, 180 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 49 reviews, 115 photos, 7 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 33 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 41 reviews, 118 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 46 reviews, 110 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 42 reviews, 111 photos, 9 travelogues