"Alsace" Top 5 Page for this destination Alsace by DanielF

Alsace Travel Guide: 2,130 reviews and 6,761 photos

The Past Overcome

The idyllic Alsacean landscape of picturesque small towns surrounded by vineyards does not correspond with its tormented history in the last centuries, when its citizens have changed nationality on several occasions. Fortunately, disputes and wars are long forgotten and today, rather than separate France and Germany, Alsace is linking area where the concept of borderline has definitely become obsolete and which constitutes one of the best examples of what modern Europe is all about.

Tourism in Alsace

Too far away from major tourist destinations to keep coach parties and day-trippers away, full of charm and personality, Alsace remains one of the preferred romantic getaways for independent tourists. After several visits to Alsace, you can find in these pages some of the most interesting places and facts of the region seen through my eyes.

• Intro Updated Nov 26, 2007

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2008 at 6:50 AM

Excellent tips and lovely photos. I hope to see some of these lovely towns in a couple of weeks. Thanks for sharing.

• Kaspian's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2007 at 10:01 AM

This is an amazing page!! Fantastic photos! I'm hoping to see at least some of this next year during the VT Meet in Karslhue. Now I can't wait! Many thanks, Ed.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2006 at 11:40 AM

WOW, Daniel - this is by far one of the nicest declaration of love to Alsace I've ever read :-) And yes, I fully agree to draw the travellers to the lesser known places - so many inspirations here for me :-)) Thanks !!

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2005 at 2:16 PM

Daniel,again I find your pages so interesting,I've found lot's more to see when I go again soon.

• Apr 14, 2005 at 10:56 AM

Another great page! Congratulations. Très bon!

• morgane1692's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2004 at 1:53 PM

Here's to the Places with Very Few Tourists!!! Hmmm, like visiting vineyard country in the wintertime...;-)))

DanielF