"Alsace" Top 5 Page for this destination Alsace by DanielF
Alsace Travel Guide: 1,981 reviews and 6,269 photos
The idyllic Alsacean landscape of picturesque small towns surrounded by vineyards does not correspond with its tormented history in the last centuries, when its citizens have changed nationality on several occasions. Fortunately, disputes and wars are long forgotten and today, rather than separate France and Germany, Alsace is linking area where the concept of borderline has definitely become obsolete and which constitutes one of the best examples of what modern Europe is all about.
Too far away from major tourist destinations to keep coach parties and day-trippers away, full of charm and personality, Alsace remains one of the preferred romantic getaways for independent tourists. After several visits to Alsace, you can find in these pages some of the most interesting places and facts of the region seen through my eyes.
Alsace is known as one of the best destinations for gourmets in France. Haute cuisine restaurants abound, but there are... more travel advice
France has an extremely rich linguistic patrimony, although only French enjoys official recognition. The rest of the... more travel advice
DanielF's Related Pages
Alsace Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sometimes overlooked beautiful corner of France"
- "CHRISTMAS MARKETS - MARCHES DE NOEL."
- "Alsace - beautiful scenery, full of history"
- "Hartmannsweilerkopf / Vieil Armand"
- "the storks are back!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alsace
- Hotels in Alsace
- Transportation in Alsace
- Nightlife in Alsace
- Restaurants in Alsace
- Shopping in Alsace
- Warnings and Dangers in Alsace
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alsace
- 32 Reviews
- 67 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Alsace?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alsace
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 172 reviews, 749 photos, 7 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 150 reviews, 554 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santander Intro, 100 reviews, 441 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bilbao Intro, 75 reviews, 306 photos, 6 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 50 reviews, 180 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 49 reviews, 115 photos, 7 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 33 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 41 reviews, 118 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 46 reviews, 110 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 42 reviews, 111 photos, 9 travelogues