"Suqutra" Socotra by DanielF
Socotra Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 234 photos
240 km off Cape Guardafui, the Easternmost point of the African continent. Largest island in Yemen and in the same-named archipelago, which also includes the smaller islands of Abd al Kuri and the Brothers. A population estimated at 40.000 inhabitants, although nobody knows the eact figure. The first airport was built in 1999. Strong monsoon winds make the arrival of ships impossible for a considerable part of the year.
Unique flora, unique fauna, unique landscapes and unique language. Socotora.
Qalansiya is the main settlement in the Western part of the island. It is a fishermen community with a difficult access... more travel advice
DanielF's Related Pages
Socotra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Socotra (Yemen) - a strange and blissful island !"
- "Socotra Yemen -- some like it remote"
- "Socotra - A Forgotten Island You Will Never Forget"
- "A most incredible island!"
- "Socotra, the amazing island!"
- "See My report about expedition"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Socotra
- Hotels in Socotra
- Transportation in Socotra
- Nightlife in Socotra
- Restaurants in Socotra
- Warnings and Dangers in Socotra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Socotra
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Socotra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Socotra
Photos in SocotraSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 172 reviews, 749 photos, 7 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 150 reviews, 554 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santander Intro, 100 reviews, 441 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bilbao Intro, 75 reviews, 306 photos, 6 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 50 reviews, 180 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 49 reviews, 115 photos, 7 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 33 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 41 reviews, 118 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 46 reviews, 110 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 42 reviews, 111 photos, 9 travelogues