"Berlin" Berlin by DanielF
Berlin Travel Guide: 6,951 reviews and 15,575 photos
Berlin is a city in permanent mutation. In every visit there is almost an entirely new world to discover. The transgressor mood, the hunger for innovation and the wish to break free from the least glorious aspects of the past have been intrinsical to the city in the last decades. Since the German government returned to the city in the early 90s, the pace of changes has even sped up. The place is becoming much cleaner, glitzier, more beautiful, more modern... and also more conventional.
In a way, I miss the old times, when crossing the Wall was a real adventure and the atmosphere was so special in both sides of the Iron Curtain. The fact of living in a sort of inland island, under constant threat, the willingness of the German people to recover from the disaster of WWII were all circumstances that turned this city (its western part) into a very liberal place, with a very different attitude from the rest of Germany.
But history must go its path, and Berlin is not only the most up-for-it city in Europe right now, but it also has a very brilliant future ahead of it.
- Pros:effervescent cultural scene
- Cons:too spread out, freezing cold in winter
I adore flying into Tempelhof, My favorite airport ever. Furthermore, I wish all airports were like Tempelhof. more travel advice
More than 12 years after the wall fell, you still can remark some differences between people from East and West Berlin.... more travel advice
DanielF's Related Pages
Berlin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "More than the capital of Germany"
- "Berlin, Berlin - wir fahren nach Berlin!"
- "Berlin in my way"
- "Wunderbar Berlin"
- "Berlin - the whole world in one town"
- "Berlin .... und das ist gut so!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Berlin
- Hotels in Berlin
- Transportation in Berlin
- Nightlife in Berlin
- Restaurants in Berlin
- Shopping in Berlin
- Warnings and Dangers in Berlin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Berlin
- 5 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Berlin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Berlin
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Should tourists silence..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Have a Walk in the Civic Center"
- updated a Berlin Travelogue "Berlin"
- Wrote a Review The Tiergarten is a very large... about Tiergarten and Zoo in Berlin Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of alexberlin's Berlin travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 172 reviews, 749 photos, 7 travelogues
- Valencia Intro, 150 reviews, 554 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santander Intro, 100 reviews, 441 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bilbao Intro, 75 reviews, 306 photos, 6 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 50 reviews, 180 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 49 reviews, 115 photos, 7 travelogues
- Belgium Intro, 33 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 41 reviews, 118 photos, 8 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 46 reviews, 110 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 42 reviews, 111 photos, 9 travelogues