"Pretty City With Screw Up Developement" Yangon Division by yeikloen
Yangon Division Travel Guide: 599 reviews and 1,498 photos
I have always wanted to visit Yangon when I first started by travel but during that time, there were too many restrictions and getting in wasn't convenient so my visit to Myanmar was restricted to border towns such as Tachilek (1995), Chedi Sam Ong (2005) and Victoria Point or Kawthaung (2008).
Yangon or also known as Rangoon during the colonial time is home to over 4 Million people but unfortunately the city has no changed much since the colonial times from the building around the city centre which I think is lovely. The best place to view the city of Yangon will be Sky Bistro at Sakura Tower located at the junction of Bogyoke Aung San and Sule Pagoda Road.
Walking around the city isn't too difficult and since the street are properly name and in proper blocks around the city centre, south of the city train station. Sights around the city are,
1) Shwedagon Pagoda
2) Chaukhtatgy Pagoda
3) Kandawgyi Lake (Karaweik Restaurant)
Great hospitality! One of the latest addition to many hotels around but it beats most of the location! Location and... more travel advice
yeikloen's Related Pages
Yangon Division Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yangon - British Raj and Golden Payas!"
- "Yangon o Rangoon"
- "...Min Gala Ba...Yangon..."
- "Gallery in Bogyoke Market"
- "Visiting Burma"
- "Pretty City With Screw Up Developement"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yangon Division
- Hotels in Yangon Division
- Transportation in Yangon Division
- Nightlife in Yangon Division
- Restaurants in Yangon Division
- Shopping in Yangon Division
- Warnings and Dangers in Yangon Division
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Yangon Division
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Yangon Division?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yangon Division
Top 10 Pages
- Phuket Intro, 17 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 8 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Laos Intro, 3 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Angkor Wat Intro, 4 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 15 reviews, 28 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rumah Mulu Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Nanjing Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tongli Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 18 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue