"45mins From Civilisation" Pulau Ketam by yeikloen

Pulau Ketam Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 44 photos

A Rustic Fishing Town

Its been more than 10 years since my first visit to Pulau Ketam. I remember when I was really young my parent brought me there for the delicious seafood once but only once because my dad was not very happy with the ferry that ferried us across from Old Kland Port (he has motion sickness actually).

The reason he always gave was the island is dirty, seafood are not very cheap and nothing much to offer, which after 10 year coming back, I do not see much improvement other than the cement path to the main part of the town where most of the restaurant and shops are.

Urgently Needs Reconstuctions

Is not that Kuala Lumpur is a very well planned city, but going to Pulau Ketam you will experience a town that was completely forgotten. This island is a good getaway for the city folks but with the current situation, it will not attract much visitor (for me I will not suggest my friend to go there)

Ketam = Crab

At RM28 per kilo for meat crab (or RM32 for egg crab) is not very pricey nor very cheap. The interesting part is how the crabs are being prepared. I had crab fried with dried chilli, I think the crabs are deep fried before it was fried so the shell are very tasty. I had other dishes like fried squids, a veg and a some shell fish(lala) that cost me RM52.00. I do not think it is very cheap.

• Pros:Get Out From City
  • Cons:Broken Wooden Path With Dogs Manure Everywhere
  • In a nutshell:Go If You Are Really Bored
  • Last visit to Pulau Ketam: Jun 2005
  • Intro Written Jun 29, 2005

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2013 at 3:03 AM

Hi Chow Loen. We will be in KL again next month and are looking for a different day trip. Think we might visit this place. Looks just like what we like. Thank you for your page and tips! Cheers, Ann.

• yeikloen's Profile Photo
      Jan 16, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Hi Ann, Thanks for dropping me a note. I have not been to Pulau Ketam for a long time now, probably at least 5 years. But anyway have a great time to Malaysia a safe journey here.

yeikloen

“Dive To Live - Live To Dive”

Badges & Stats in Pulau Ketam

Have you been to Pulau Ketam?

Latest Activity in Pulau Ketam