"BuickMackane's Hackensack, NJ Page" Hackensack by BuickMackane

Hackensack Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 16 photos

"There's no place like home" - I visit regularly!

(Got your attention? Yum, this Chocolate Fantasy dessert sure caught mine -- it's served at an upscale place in Hackensack simply called "The Restaurant". Boy, my old neighborhood sure has changed since I was a kid -- now, onto our story...)

I'm a Bergen County native now residing in Louisiana. I lived for nearly 30 years on Prospect Avenue in Hackensack. I graduated Hackensack High School Class of 1976 and also attended Bergen Community College and Fairleigh Dickinson University. I moved to Massachusetts in 1994, and then again to Louisiana in 2003, but I visit my hometown of Hackensack several times a year. While this page is under construction, please see the Hackensack page on my Web site at http://www1.shore.net/~natalie/hometown.htm .

"Don't you think I'd better get myself back home?"

-- Rod Stewart, "True Blue"

• Pros:Close to New York City and Paramus malls
  • Cons:Not as safe as it used to be :-(
  • In a nutshell:A perfect location in the New York metro area!
  • Last visit to Hackensack: Nov 2006
  • Intro Updated Oct 14, 2007

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2005 at 1:48 PM

Loved the pic of the Red Lion Inn. Heard the name Hackensack before but didnt have a clue which state it was in, now I am going to have a look on the map for it!

• Feb 8, 2005 at 6:53 AM

my husband loves the Sopranos, but i can't even watch it, too scary, haha. good tips here!

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2005 at 8:40 AM

I don't think I have read any pages on Hackensack before. Very interesting page. Glad you included Sarah Hughes. I am a big figure skating fan.

• ZanieOR's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2005 at 7:52 PM

My daughter lived in NJ for a couple of years, and her first address was in Hackensack. I remember her taking us to a diner, but don't remember what town (it was all silvery). Thanks for a very informative page.

• antistar's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2005 at 2:35 PM

I've heard of Hackensack in movies and songs, and always wondered what it was, because it is such a memorable name. Thanks for the info!

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2005 at 12:44 AM

I agree - it's an excellent interesting page. Greet.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2004 at 8:07 PM

Can't believe that I'm the first to comment on these excellent pages. You are thorough, interesting, intelligent, and enthusiastic about your old home town. I really enjoyed it all because of the honesty.

BuickMackane Used To Live Here!

BuickMackane

“Have plastic, will travel! ;-)”

Badges & Stats in Hackensack

Have you been to Hackensack?

Friends