"BuickMackane's Gloucester, MA Page (I lived here!)" Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester by BuickMackane

Gloucester Travel Guide: 143 reviews and 481 photos

Thanks VT for rating this page Top 5!!

I am employed in the tourism industry in Gloucester, Massachusetts. I lived here between 1994-2003, when I relocated to Louisiana, and moved back again after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita in 2005.

I am very pleased to have another opportunity to enjoy all the things I missed when I was living down South. There's nothing like watching the full moon over the ocean while standing on the Back Shore in East Gloucester. And I'll gladly trade crawfish for lobster anyday!

No visit to New England is complete without visiting the Cape Ann region of Massachusetts -- come see for yourself!

• Pros:Dramatic oceanfront scenery
  • Cons:Obscenely high cost of housing
  • In a nutshell:Come visit before too many people discover it!
  • Last visit to Gloucester: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Sep 10, 2006

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2007 at 7:43 PM

Nice tips!

• HometownPride's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2006 at 3:08 PM

The Willow Rest is really making progress! They now have beer, wine, cakes, and delicious meals to-go. Stop by and taste what's cookin'!

• Jan 5, 2005 at 5:16 PM

I love this city and your pictures are great! When I was in college I used to go to the St. Peter festival here every year with my friend from Sicily. Even now I feel that it is the one of the only "real" communities left on the north shore.

• Jan 27, 2004 at 8:51 PM

Whale watching should be great fun...Marvellous creatures in the sea...is it not.Also Fiesta should be great..is it not?Great coverage and nice tips and phtographs.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2003 at 4:54 AM

Gloucester is one of my favorite destinations...just after the tourists leave in Sept. Usually stay in Rockport...but easy to cover Gloucester, Essex, Marblehead....love it

• Feb 1, 2003 at 11:53 AM

Great page. I'm originally from Lowell, MA, & I have spent many summers at Good Harbor Beach.

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2003 at 11:07 AM

a pleasant glimpse, who knows, one day i'll..... ;-)))

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2002 at 1:40 PM

Very nice page-good info and nice photos

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2002 at 7:38 AM

Sounds a wonderful place to live, no wonder you stayed there!

BuickMackane Works Here!

BuickMackane

“Have plastic, will travel! ;-)”

Badges & Stats in Gloucester

Have you been to Gloucester?

Friends