"BuickMackane's Marksville, LA Page" Marksville by BuickMackane
Marksville Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 0 photos
I lived in Louisiana between August 2003 and November 2005. I was very sorry to leave Louisiana, but it was just too difficult to remain after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. I'll always remember the time I spent there fondly, especially when I worked in Marksville, LA.
Marksville has an interesting mix of culture and activity going on. It's the site of both early French colonization and a Native American reservation, with museums celebrating both cultures. My daughter liked visiting the Native American burial mounds at the state museum.
When traveling to Marksville, you have to drive for miles along country backroads. Then suddenly, you come upon a glitzy neon oasis and everything changes. You've just arrived at Paragon Casino Resort, where the slogan is "Vegas action, Southern attitude." Surprise!
- Pros:Worth the trip; great activities and entertainment.
- Cons:The drive to get to Marksville is long and monotonous.
- In a nutshell:Come check out this intriguing mix of cultures!
Some people just don't like casinos, plain and simple, and won't set foot in them. They might have a moral objection to... more travel advice
I am going to put info here about the Tunica-Biloxi Tribe and wildlife preserves here, along with background on the... more travel advice
- Famous entertainers come to Marksville
- Drive-through daiquiries -- wow!
- Plenty of dining choices in Marksville
BuickMackane's Related Pages
Marksville Travel Guide
- Hotels in Marksville
- Transportation in Marksville
- Nightlife in Marksville
- Restaurants in Marksville
- Shopping in Marksville
- Warnings and Dangers in Marksville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marksville
- 11 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Marksville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marksville
Top 10 Pages
- Clarksdale Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Alexandria Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos
- Hackensack Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos
- Rockport Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Perry Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Deville Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Salem Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Anaheim Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos