"BuickMackane's Deville, Louisiana Page" Deville by BuickMackane
Deville Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 25 photos
In mid-March 2002, my 4-year-old daughter and I spent 8 days in Louisiana. We encountered two very different worlds there, first the amazing setting of Deville in Rapides Parish, then onto the city life in New Orleans. To get a feel for the Louisiana countryside, we deliberately traveled between the two locations by Greyhound bus. Here are our impressions from the first part of our journey.
We had such a great time that we actually moved from Massachusetts to Louisiana in August 2003. All the places we enjoyed on vacation were just a car ride away! Sadly, it became increasingly difficult for us to remain in Louisiana after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, and with a very heavy heart, we returned to Massachusetts in November 2005.
PS: Another VT member has since created a page about Deville. It's dead-on accurate and really makes me chuckle -- be sure to check it out!
- Pros:Our cousins live there!
- Cons:Mud and mosquitoes!
- In a nutshell:We had so much fun that we moved to Louisiana for two years!
Fishing tournaments seem to be a big thing in Deville. The beauty of the bayou is really breathtaking to behold, so... more travel advice
In a word, MUD. Deville is in the bayou, so be prepared for extreme climate conditions. Make sure your tires are in good... more travel advice
- Deville does not appear to...
- This is a funny category for...
- Sing Around the Campfire!
- No hotels, motels or B&Bs in...
BuickMackane's Related Pages
Deville Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Deville
- Hotels in Deville
- Transportation in Deville
- Nightlife in Deville
- Restaurants in Deville
- Shopping in Deville
- Warnings and Dangers in Deville
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Deville
- 11 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Deville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Deville
Top 10 Pages
- Clarksdale Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Alexandria Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos
- Hackensack Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos
- Rockport Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Perry Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Deville Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Salem Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Anaheim Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos