"BuickMackane's Martinique Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Martinique by BuickMackane

Martinique Travel Guide: 124 reviews and 352 photos

Thanks VT for rating this page Top 5!!

I wish I had time to make a page for every place I've traveled, but I definitely want to take a moment to tell you about one of the places I love most in all the world, the island of Martinique. I traveled there several times in the mid-1980s with the intent of permanently relocating to Martinique, but I couldn't figure out how to make it work. If you have to choose any one island to visit in the Caribbean, make it Martinique; it will astonish you with both its beauty and its history. Someday I'll realize my dream and go back there for good, but for now, I'll just share my hopes with you.
<p>
I had some wonderful photos on this site for a long time, but I had to remove them. The photographer complained to VT, even though the Web site where they originally appeared gave permission to reproduce them as long as they were used to promote the island of Martinique. If you want to see these beautiful images, you'll have to go to http://www.martinique.org instead -- sorry!

• Pros:It's really as spectacular as the photos make it seem
  • Cons:You really need French to get by there
  • In a nutshell:Someday I'm going back for good!
  • Last visit to Martinique: Dec 1983
  • Intro Updated Jan 19, 2003

BuickMackane

“Have plastic, will travel! ;-)”

Badges & Stats in Martinique

Have you been to Martinique?

Latest Activity in Martinique