"BuickMackane's Martinique Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Martinique by BuickMackane
Martinique Travel Guide: 125 reviews and 352 photos
I wish I had time to make a page for every place I've traveled, but I definitely want to take a moment to tell you about one of the places I love most in all the world, the island of Martinique. I traveled there several times in the mid-1980s with the intent of permanently relocating to Martinique, but I couldn't figure out how to make it work. If you have to choose any one island to visit in the Caribbean, make it Martinique; it will astonish you with both its beauty and its history. Someday I'll realize my dream and go back there for good, but for now, I'll just share my hopes with you.
I had some wonderful photos on this site for a long time, but I had to remove them. The photographer complained to VT, even though the Web site where they originally appeared gave permission to reproduce them as long as they were used to promote the island of Martinique. If you want to see these beautiful images, you'll have to go to http://www.martinique.org instead -- sorry!
- Pros:It's really as spectacular as the photos make it seem
- Cons:You really need French to get by there
- In a nutshell:Someday I'm going back for good!
A large suitcase to hold all of the beautiful souvenirs, along with a beach bag and whatever type of bag you want to... more travel advice
Most people arrive by plane into Lamentin International Airport or via cruise ship. You will probably want to rent a... more travel advice
- Topless beaches are not all...
- There are casinos in...
- There's so much to see and do;...
- I know that there are some...
BuickMackane's Related Pages
Martinique Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Martinique des anses aux mornes (bays to hills)"
- "La Martinique"
- "BuickMackane's Martinique Page"
- "Martinique - December 2006"
- "Little France in the Caribbean"
- "Welcome to Martinique"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Martinique
- Hotels in Martinique
- Transportation in Martinique
- Nightlife in Martinique
- Restaurants in Martinique
- Shopping in Martinique
- Warnings and Dangers in Martinique
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Martinique
- 11 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Martinique?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Martinique
Top 10 Pages
- Clarksdale Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 4 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 15 reviews, 14 photos
- Alexandria Intro, 15 reviews, 13 photos
- Hackensack Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos
- Rockport Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Perry Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Deville Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Salem Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Anaheim Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos