"Welcome to Cabernetman's HomePage" Cabernetman's Profile
Hi fellow VT.
Thanks for visiting my page.
Where possible I try to reciprocate all ratings given to me.
I have yet to update many of the other places I have visited but I intend to when I have the time.
to check out my ratings on some of the airlines I've flown do visit http://www.epinions.com/
my username is: lonegunman
Also check out my meals and lounge pictures (by Cab) on
- mostly Air New Zealand, Qantas & Singapore Air
You should note that my travel budget is moderate. This means I don't often stay in expensive top range hotels. I don't stay in youth hostels either. My dining choices alternate between nice restaurants and quick and easy.
WINE is my passion and appreciate good wine but cursed with spending too much on it. I have accumulated a modest 280 bottle collection and increasing. I bring them to VT meetings in trying to thin out my collection.
This was a really tender and juicy beef fillet I got on the plane. On this cross section see how pink the middle is. I normally prefer the beef options on the menu but they are often over cooked. Went well with Matariki New Zealand Syrah. It would have been a perfect flight if only the flight attendants weren't so grumpy.
My pet ferret. She was born Nov 2002 and I purchased her on Jan 2003 outside Auckland airport's United Airlines cargo facility from a breeder in Hamilton. He was shipping kits (baby ferrets) to Italy that day. She was the only female sable that day and I guess she will never see Italy. Ferrets are friendly and are instinctively clean animals. Poopie uses prefers the litter box over my carpet. She lives on kitten food and vitamins formulated specially for ferrets. Typical lifespan of a ferret is 6 - 8 years.
Domestic ferrets have been unfairly vilified in New Zealand. There has been some anecdotal evidence about their destructive impact on the environment. As a result of political interference, sale and purchase of ferrets have been outlawed in New Zealand. The reality is that other household common pets are having a greater detrimental impact. All domestic ferrets sold are desexed and cannot reproduce. In addition, their poor eyesight, overzealous curiosity and finicky diet make them very vulnerable in the wild. Existing doemstic ferrets are allowed to live out their natural lives, but due to current legislation, their are becoming increasingly 'exotic'.
Atmosphere is casual. Parking available at SeaMart. Seats are not all that confortable. Unfortunately the tiger prawns looked better than it tasted. $22. Overcooked and I was dismayed it was not fresh when fresh seafood was supplied next door. Not springy, powdery texture. Prepared on bed of coriander, walnut and risotto. Crab fritters (entree) $14 with watercress. Too much bread/flour in proportion to the crab (real crab used). Also sauce was sparse. This dish would have been better with same amout of crab and less of everything else. Too large for an entree. Beer was served with a warm glass (-1). Dined was restaraunt was at half capacity. Entree arrived +20m Main arrived +50m from order.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 33 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Cabernetman and kiwi are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Kaikoura Forum "Re: Nins Bin - Beverage selection"
- Wrote a Review Official AOT Limo - Eye gouging!! about Limousines from Bangkok Airport in Pattaya Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Wow! Forget Huka Lodge, this is the place to be"
- Commented on anpe's profile page
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to Cabernetman's HomePage"
- updated a Adelaide Travel Page "City of Adelaide"
Top 10 Pages
- Buenos Aires Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Phuket 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Adelaide Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barossa Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Fiji 1 review, 5 photos
- Napier 1 review, 5 photos
- Lake Taupo 1 review, 5 photos
- Matamanoa Island 1 review, 5 photos
- New Zealand 1 review, 1 photo
- Argentina Intro, 1 photo
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos