"Welcome to Cabernetman's HomePage" Cabernetman's Profile

WELCOME

Hi fellow VT.

Thanks for visiting my page.

Where possible I try to reciprocate all ratings given to me.

I have yet to update many of the other places I have visited but I intend to when I have the time.

to check out my ratings on some of the airlines I've flown do visit http://www.epinions.com/
my username is: lonegunman

Also check out my meals and lounge pictures (by Cab) on
www.airlinemeals.net
- mostly Air New Zealand, Qantas & Singapore Air

You should note that my travel budget is moderate. This means I don't often stay in expensive top range hotels. I don't stay in youth hostels either. My dining choices alternate between nice restaurants and quick and easy.

WINE is my passion and appreciate good wine but cursed with spending too much on it. I have accumulated a modest 280 bottle collection and increasing. I bring them to VT meetings in trying to thin out my collection.

Cheers
Ken

Air New Zealand ; Nadi - Auckland ; 26 Oct 2005

This was a really tender and juicy beef fillet I got on the plane. On this cross section see how pink the middle is. I normally prefer the beef options on the menu but they are often over cooked. Went well with Matariki New Zealand Syrah. It would have been a perfect flight if only the flight attendants weren't so grumpy.

Meet Poopie!

My pet ferret. She was born Nov 2002 and I purchased her on Jan 2003 outside Auckland airport's United Airlines cargo facility from a breeder in Hamilton. He was shipping kits (baby ferrets) to Italy that day. She was the only female sable that day and I guess she will never see Italy. Ferrets are friendly and are instinctively clean animals. Poopie uses prefers the litter box over my carpet. She lives on kitten food and vitamins formulated specially for ferrets. Typical lifespan of a ferret is 6 - 8 years.

As exotic as pets can get in NZ

Domestic ferrets have been unfairly vilified in New Zealand. There has been some anecdotal evidence about their destructive impact on the environment. As a result of political interference, sale and purchase of ferrets have been outlawed in New Zealand. The reality is that other household common pets are having a greater detrimental impact. All domestic ferrets sold are desexed and cannot reproduce. In addition, their poor eyesight, overzealous curiosity and finicky diet make them very vulnerable in the wild. Existing doemstic ferrets are allowed to live out their natural lives, but due to current legislation, their are becoming increasingly 'exotic'.

Barrique (Auckland Inner City) *1/2 $$$$

Atmosphere is casual. Parking available at SeaMart. Seats are not all that confortable. Unfortunately the tiger prawns looked better than it tasted. $22. Overcooked and I was dismayed it was not fresh when fresh seafood was supplied next door. Not springy, powdery texture. Prepared on bed of coriander, walnut and risotto. Crab fritters (entree) $14 with watercress. Too much bread/flour in proportion to the crab (real crab used). Also sauce was sparse. This dish would have been better with same amout of crab and less of everything else. Too large for an entree. Beer was served with a warm glass (-1). Dined was restaraunt was at half capacity. Entree arrived +20m Main arrived +50m from order.

• Intro Updated Nov 16, 2005

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2012 at 12:32 AM

A warm happy birthday greeting from Malaysia.

• Rabbityama's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2011 at 1:50 AM

Have a happy birthday! :)

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2008 at 12:26 AM

Was great to see you Ken, hope the trip was fun. Pam :-)

• aah_stone's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2007 at 12:34 PM

Happy birthday Ken! Hope you had a great day, Andrew

• zazatann's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2007 at 7:14 AM

Healthy, wealthy, lucky, smile and love....I wish all happen to you especially today !!!!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2007 at 12:43 AM

Hi and Happy Birthday Ken, cabernet lover and you live in NZ - good combination!All the best to more travels ahead and as the sun has already set NZ time hope uve had a great day today and a xlnt meal tonight to celebrate!

• Daja123's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2007 at 10:05 PM

Happy Birthday, Ken! Hope you have a great one. My best wishes from Slovenia!:-))

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2006 at 8:18 PM

Hi Ken. That's a lot of VT meetings then to thin out your 280 bottles of wine. You have nice pix and thoughts in your pages. NZ is one country I plan to visit in the future. Hope to see more in your NZ page. Regards from Freddie of Toronto

• anpe's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2006 at 4:24 PM

Happy birthday!! May all your wishes come true!!! Enjoy your special day! Smiles from Greece! ANNA

• deWilde's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2006 at 1:51 PM

I hope you have a fabulous birthday!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!