"Spotting famous people" Cannes by Elainehead
Cannes Travel Guide: 443 reviews and 1,104 photos
I'm not really following who's coming this, other than The Star Wars and Sin City cast... After last year experience, I don't think I'm coming to Cannes this year, at least for the film festival.
In the meantime, check out this web diary:
Complete coverage from the festival, May 11-22
Festival de Cannes 2004
I only went to Cannes on 15 May 2004, to see the Shrek 2 cast, however, this year I had bad luck. My digital camera's battery level was low when the cast showed up and therefore, I missed many pictures opportunities. Besides that, the festival cars with the stars wouldn't drive slow enough for me to capture THAT moment!!! ARGHHHHHHHH!!!
And the pictures I succeeded taking were somewhat blurred... My camera zoom sucks as well...
I missed a GREAT opportunity of taking a picture of Mr. Tarantino. We were crossing a street near the train station and he was in a car with his window down!!!! Until I realized who was in the car...it was too late!!! Stoopid me!
Anyway, famous people I saw: Russian model Natalia Vodianova (she was nice enough to roll down her window and let me take her pic), Eddie Murphy, Julie Andrews, Rupert Everett and other French stars.
Gee, there were too many people (audience) for this year's festival. It was almost impossible to get close to the stars' cars.
Traffic was worst this year 2004 as well. We spent almost 1 hour to get from Le Cannet to Cannes!!! We spent then half an hour to find a place to park. We ended up parking in a forbidden place, luckily no parking ticket.
After our unsuccessful attempts to take pictures of the cast of Shrek 2. We started walking along la Croisette and decided to take a look at the Hotel Martinez, where we attended a concert at the beginning of this year... There were lots of people outside trying to spot someone famous. We stayed there for a while until I saw Kevin Bacon and his wife, then I said to my hubby, "oh, look, it's Kevin Bacon!". Then "suddenly" everybody recognized him! Pffff!!! Later, when I was talking to my mother-in-law about him, she told me she had never heard about him or his film Footloose.
Kevin Bacon and wife unit Kyra Sedgwick came to Cannes this year to present their movie "The Woodsman", which is running for the Caméra d'Or, at the 36th Directors' Fortnight.
I've been to California before but during my whole 3-month staying I haven't spotted one single famous star... And one afternoon in Cannes I saw David Lynch, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Geraldine Chaplin, Emily Watson, Tilda Swinton (the woman in blue coat on the photo), Kristin Scott Thomas, Pedro Almod?var, Maria de Medeiros, Juliette Binoche, Emma de Caunes, Naomi Watts, Roman Polanski, Robert Pires, Jeremy Irons and Patricia Kaas.
- Pros:Easy to get around by public transportation, cleaner than Nice, sandy beaches...
- Cons:Sometimes you get the impression you're in Florida...there are too many seniors
There are many restaurants in this area, but this Italian restaurant has very interesting prices for lunch. They propose... more travel advice
I'm not a fan of macarrons, but I know someone who used to work here and one time she brought us some of their... more travel advice
Elainehead's Related Pages
Cannes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""RÉGATES ROYALES" AT THE YACHT CLUB OF CANNES."
- "Direction Cannes"
- "Rachel Suns Cannes Page"
- "Stars, beaches, festivals and cars"
- "The City of festivals...."
- "Doing the Cannes-Cannes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cannes
- Hotels in Cannes
- Transportation in Cannes
- Nightlife in Cannes
- Restaurants in Cannes
- Shopping in Cannes
- Warnings and Dangers in Cannes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cannes
- 20 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 23 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Cannes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cannes
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nice Intro, 150 reviews, 174 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination São Paulo Intro, 52 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- Monaco Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos
- London Intro, 28 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brazil Intro, 31 reviews, 28 photos
- Cannes Intro, 20 reviews, 16 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 16 reviews, 14 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Milan Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Cannes hotel reviews
- Palais Stephanie by Sofitel
- 180 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013
- All Suites Residence Cannes
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 22, 2013
- Hotel Gray d'Albion
- 165 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 17, 2013
- InterContinental Carlton Cannes
- 422 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Sofitel Cannes Le Mediterrannee
- 97 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 13, 2013
- Holiday Inn Garden Court Cannes Le Cannet
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 7, 2013
- Hotel Majestic Barriere
- 228 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Best Western Univers Hotel Cannes
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 7, 2013
- PV-Holidays Residence Pierre & Vacances Villa Francia
- 74 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2013
- PV-Holidays Residence Pierre & Vacances Cannes Beach
- 59 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 30, 2013
- Hotel Beau Site Cannes
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 2, 2013
- Hotel Martinez Cannes & Spa Givenchy
- 343 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 14, 2013
- Novotel Cannes Montfleury
- 156 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Cannes Beach Residence
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 3, 2013