"Nissa La Bella" Top 5 Page for this destination Nice by Elainehead

Nice Travel Guide: 1,788 reviews and 3,838 photos

Useful tips

First of all, thanks for visiting my pages!

For the past 12 years, I chose this city to be my home and within these VT pages, I try to share a bit of my experiences here.

I'm a "gourmande" (one who is heartily interested in good food and drink), so you'll find a lot of restaurant tips... Feel feel to browse them:

Restaurant/food tips

Finding your way in Nice:

Are you afraid of getting lost or not finding the building/bus stop you're looking for? Sometimes when I'm about to go to an unknow city, I always check Google Maps just to have an idea of the area and try to find my way using "the street view" functionality (just zoom-in to the max.). If you're not very good with maps, it might be helpful making your visual map (print photos of buildings/streets you may pass by and/or where to turn).

I always receive many e-mails asking for hotel suggestions (check my Hotel post)... The thing is I've never needed to stay in a hotel before in Nice or around the area, but know the hospitality industry (inside info) here. Your best bet is checking Tripadvisor website for hotels reviews.

Here are some sites that might help you out:

You can't go wrong with Accor hotels, they have interesting prices if you stay at least for 2 days.

Nice /
Les Camelias Youth Hostel (in the city center)

Clairvallon International Youth Hostel (in Cimiez)

Hostels

Bed & Breakfast (usually far from the city center and convenient only if you are renting a car)

Main language: French
D?partement: Alpes-Maritimes
Money currency: Euro (?)
Electrical current: 220 volts (50 Hertz)
Best time to go (my opinion): May and June or September and October (if it's not raining, of course)
Worst time to go: July and August
Rainest months:October and November

Nice is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the region due to its mild and sunny weather almost year-round and also by its attractions

******************************

s4%Even though I try to update my pages as often as possible, there might be some wrong information, so always check the web site link on the tip.

NOTICE : If you e-mail me, I will ONLY reply to the ones travel related and ONLY from Virtual Tourist's accounts. I do NOT receive or reply to outside e-mails (Yahoo, Hotmail, etc).

Useful sites:
Nice Convention and Visitors Bureau
(in French, English, Italian or German)

Nice Airport
(in French, English or Italian)

The Chamber of Commerce
(in French or English)

Information pages for the French Riviera and Expat forum
(in English)

Le Pitchoun - a free local guide made by voluntary students (in French)

More about the local history and traditions (in many languages)

Guide to the city with restaurants, bars, cafés and other tips (in French)

E se voc? fala portugu?s, aqui tem um link de um artigo sobre a regi?o que saiu na Folha Online:

Artigo sobre Nice

Le Château (on the top) and the famous Promenade des Anglais.

The harbor of Nice by the end of the day...

• Pros:Nice weather "almost" all year round
  • Cons:Very crowded in hot summers, traffic, dog crap, tramworks, car horn...
  • In a nutshell:Nissa La Bella
  • Intro Updated Apr 13, 2014

• Roadquill's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Great resto tips....even the ones you would not go back to...Karl

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Hello, Elaine!~ Thanks for your wonderful page with great photographs!~ Nice is splendid!...

• Durfun's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2010 at 3:30 AM

Hey, I was very surprised by the 1E bus fares to Cannes, Grasse, Monaco.. Wow :-)

• irisha's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2009 at 12:30 PM

this has got to be the best page on Nice there is to see! you've shared and written so much, this greatly appreciated, I have added most of your tips to my trip planner right away

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2005 at 7:50 AM

Elaine, re your "Canet" tip....paraphrasing Billy Joel.... I'd rather feast with the sinners than fast with the saints. I enjoyed reading through your restaurant info. : )

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2004 at 7:15 AM

I ama going to Nice in a little over a year from now. I will have to bookmark this page for future reference. You have lots of good information here.

• NiceLife's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2004 at 12:04 PM

Spring is in the air - summer beckons - to see the parc awakening, nice. Reminds me I need to stretch my legs.

• allaboutnice's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2004 at 12:17 AM

Good new restaurant tips, I will try those 2 socca restaurants - esp Chez Pipo- now I know why it has always been closed before :-) I thought the Pain Q was a bit over-rated -had breakfast there once. Seemed popular though - must be location perhaps?

• Apr 16, 2004 at 3:08 PM

Thanks for the useful information i will vist soon.

• Christophe_Ons's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2004 at 3:10 PM

I love Nice. I have yet to see a picture of that city which isn't colourful or full of atmosphere. Your pages capture that well. Great job.

Elainehead Lives Here!

Elainehead

“Everything is temporary these days...”

Badges & Stats in Nice