"Cidade da Garoa" Top 5 Page for this destination São Paulo by Elainehead
São Paulo Travel Guide: 865 reviews and 1,759 photos
Main language: Portuguese
Money currency: Real (Plural: Reais)
Electrical current: Normally 110 volts. Check it with the front desk of the hotel or the owner of the house/apartment. Transformers to boost the current from 110 volts to 220 volts are available in most good electrical supply stores.
The city of Sao Paulo is a melting pot, both cultural and ethnical. It offers the best cuisine, cultural attractions and nightlife.
My fave places in Sao Paulo:
Liberdade: Sunday market at the central square Pra?a da Liberdade, shops and Japanese restaurants.
Paulista area: Movie theaters, bookstores, bars, hairdresser, restaurants and shops.
Rua Augusta & Oscar Freire: Many many shops, restaurants, ice-cream parlors and movie theaters.
What they have to say about São Paulo:
"So here we are in Sao Paolo and it's just amazing.
Industrial, dirty and full of life just the way I like it.
I'm definitely coming back here one day to stay a bit longer and learn some of that samba (just joking, I'll never get that with my white ass, but I'm coming back, that's for sure)."
Nick from Franz Ferdinand
Visite S?o Paulo (in Portuguese)
Site Oficial de Turismo da Cidade de São Paulo (in Portuguese, English and Spanish)
Governo do Estado de S?o Paulo (in English)
S?o Paulo Convention & Visitors Bureau
S?o Paulo City Official Website (in English)
The New São Paulo (Excellent article from The New York Times, especially if you are interested in the cultural and upscale side of São Paulo city
- Pros:Cosmopolitan, Great Nightlife, Excellent Restaurants, family & friends...
- Cons:Traffic, Pollution
Map of the bus station Finding your bus company: click here. Once at that website, in "Consulta de Viagens", type "Sao... more travel advice
Traffic is a real b**** here, so allow plenty of time for your trip whether you're taking the bus, taxi, subway or car.... more travel advice
- See All What the hell is Nota Paulista (nota...
- See All Good value w/ mixed feelings about...
- See All Samba school rehearsals
- See All Hair done and a free back massage
Elainehead's Related Pages
São Paulo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Short glimpses at São Paulo , my place....."
- "SÃO PAULO - SAMPA - MY BIG URBAN SHELTER"
- "Cidade da Garoa"
- "Who am I to give advice?"
- "São Paulo"
- "Gasoline fumes and roasting meat...aaahhhh!"
- "More on Sao Paulo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in São Paulo
- Hotels in São Paulo
- Transportation in São Paulo
- Nightlife in São Paulo
- Restaurants in São Paulo
- Shopping in São Paulo
- Warnings and Dangers in São Paulo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in São Paulo
- 52 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 51 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to São Paulo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in São Paulo
- Posted in Travel Rio de Janeiro Forum "Re: Shipping Household Goods from..."
- Uploaded a Photo to ""Franz Ferdinand" &"The Horrors" free concert"
- Wrote a Review Buying your intercity/insterstate bus ticket about Bus station (Rodoviaria Tiete) in São Paulo Transportation
- updated a São Paulo Travel Page "Cidade da Garoa"
- Commented on one of Bonobo2005's São Paulo travel pages
Photos in São PauloSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nice Intro, 159 reviews, 183 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination São Paulo Intro, 52 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Monaco Intro, 29 reviews, 35 photos
- Brazil Intro, 31 reviews, 28 photos
- Cannes Intro, 20 reviews, 16 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 16 reviews, 14 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Milan Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue