"A trip to the Baja" San Quintín by bellatrix

San Quintín Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 18 photos

Two friends and I drove down to Baja California from San Diego for a weekend getaway. We stopped in San Quintin and stayed the night there, where we found a decently cheap hotel and some nice restaurants on the beach to drink and eat at. The beach here was really lovely; it was almost deserted and we pretty much had it to ourselves. I remember that the sand had little gold flecks in it, and the wind was blowing hard and there was a layer of sand that danced toward the ocean. The patterns of the blowing sand was really interesting. My favorite part of the trip was when my crazy friend suggested that we all strip down and run into the freezing ocean naked. Well don't ask me why, but we did it! The water was so cold but very refreshing.

Later we met a Mexican family at a restaurant and we drank Cervezas and practiced our Spanish with them. They were really good, nice, laid back folks and we had a great time with them.

The next day, we decided to "baja" it (Houston slang) and drive alongside the ocean for a bit in our rental car. We were on soft sand and the rental car got stuck! It was getting dark and we were a bit worried. Luckily another Mexican family came along and helped us dig our way out of the mess! How nice! Good memories of good people!

• Last visit to San Quintín: Mar 2002
  • Intro Written Oct 1, 2003

Comments

bellatrix

“If you aren`t living on the edge you`re just wasting space.”

Badges & Stats in San Quintín

Have you been to San Quintín?

Latest Activity in San Quintín