"Quetzaltenango, otherwise known as Xela" Top 5 Page for this destination Quetzaltenango by bellatrix
Quetzaltenango Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 37 photos
Xela (pronounced Shay-la) is characterized by colonial-era buildings, quiet parks, plazas, open-air markets, and narrow stone-paved streets. It is the home of four universities, several technical schools, a sports complex, and a municipal arts theater, as well as several Latin American poets, painters, and writers. The Quetzaltecos, or residents of Quetzaltenango, who are a warm, friendly people, provide unlimited opportunities for students to pratice their Spanish.
The restaurant has a great selection of pizzas and Italian food and has a great location near the park. We had the... more travel advice
At the south border of the Central Park you will find the House of Culture or Casa de la Cultura, were the National... more travel advice
bellatrix's Related Pages
Quetzaltenango Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quetzaltenango, otherwise known as Xela"
- "Xela - cold, but beautiful"
- "nice place to study spanish"
- "GUATEMALA'S 2ND CITY"
- "The posh hotel....or rather another one!"
- "Xela (or Quetzaltenango)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Quetzaltenango
- Hotels in Quetzaltenango
- Transportation in Quetzaltenango
- Nightlife in Quetzaltenango
- Restaurants in Quetzaltenango
- Warnings and Dangers in Quetzaltenango
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Quetzaltenango
- 5 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Quetzaltenango?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Quetzaltenango
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antigua Guatemala Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Songpan Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 6 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 13 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chengdu Intro, 7 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- China Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Joshua Tree Intro, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Juneau Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos