"Absurdistan, wooden churches, Dracula. And cheese." Romania by Romanian_Bat
Romania Travel Guide: 6,950 reviews and 22,404 photos
Dracula Park? Bad roads? Stupid bureaucracy? Lousy officials? Gypsies? Ceausescu? Compulsory seat reservation on most train tickets? Ugly communist architecture? Poverty? For sure these all make up the present or past reality in Romania, but this is not all. Beyond the damaged and dusty package and the odd smell, Romania has things for people to discover. Drop the guide book and the already familiar images you have got from the international magazines and come to see for yourself. After all, no camera whatsoever has the sensitivity of the human eye...
Whether in the middle of the Danube Delta, up the trails of Fagaras Mountains, in Sighetu Marmatiei, Iasi, Cluj or Bucharest, you will never, ever know what you are going to get. You may go to a restaurant in one of those fine old Transylvanian cities, ask for zacusca, be served aubergine salad instead and get a bill for pork steak (the price of which is listed by 100 g. in the menu and not by the portion anyway). Then, this is one of the few countries I have been to where people's ego goes far beyond any imagination and where people will always blame everyone else but themselves for their own incompetence or / and impotence. But to hell, Welcome to Romania and do not worry, it is going to be a unique experience. One that you will never forget. Amen (enters the choir of priests in black).
Without being affiliated to any international chain, this is Bucharest's finest hotel. A classical style place which... more travel advice
With a fine wooden staircase, tastefully decorated rooms, as well as with - by far - the best restaurant in the region,... more travel advice
- See All Traffic. BEWARE.
- See All Spas and mountain resorts
- See All TRADITIONS, FOLKLORE,...
- See All DRACULA'S REAL STORY, BY THE...
- 1. Men generally shake hands,...
Romanian_Bat's Related Pages
Romania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Romania, a country of history, art, and humanity"
- "It was ' home' for a few months"
- "Romania: back to the middle ages."
- "Romania, Eastern Jewel"
- "Ce faci, Romania?"
- "Welcome to my homecountry"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Romania
- Hotels in Romania
- Transportation in Romania
- Nightlife in Romania
- Restaurants in Romania
- Shopping in Romania
- Warnings and Dangers in Romania
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Romania
- 258 Reviews
- 742 Photos
- 498 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Romania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Romania
- Posted in Travel Bucharest Forum "Re: Skopje to Bucharest"
- updated a Romania Travel Page "Absurdistan, wooden churches, Dracula. And cheese."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Absurdistan, wooden churches, Dracula. And cheese."
- Wrote a Review Traffic. BEWARE. in Romania Warnings and Dangers
- Commented on one of tiganeasca's Romania travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 194 reviews, 659 photos, 4 travelogues
- Romania Intro, 64 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Former Republic of Serbia and Montenegro Intro, 1 review, 31 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ukraine Intro, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- India Intro, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bulgaria Intro, 23 photos, 4 travelogues
- Iran Intro, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Moldova Intro, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Turkmenistan Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 14 photos, 2 travelogues