"Plain Natural" Moldova by Romanian_Bat
Moldova Travel Guide: 655 reviews and 1,955 photos
There are certainly many things coming to one's mind when talking of Moldova. Many or maybe nothing at all. Either way, nothing cannot equal the real experience. My experience has shown a land where both places and people are as natural and as straight-forward as possible. No secrets kept, no gossips, no whispers and no shining, nice packages covering a rotten cake. Moldova is a country that does not sell itself, but rather offers itself to the tired tourist (or traveler, to fall in the commercial used by one of the biggest guidebook publishing houses).
In Moldova, just like in other countries, one should not expect majestic things, but rather simply accept what there is to see and experience. There are no fancy cities or spectacular buildings to shoot smart pictures at, there are no high mountains to climb or blue seas to swim across, there are no famous haunted castles to stay for the night and proudly talk about afterwards. However there is something much more important than all these.
The best thing about Moldova I discovered were the people living there. Whether I met them in the street in Chisinau, on the train, in Bucharest or elsewhere during my trips, they were always great persons to listen to. Loudly and fastly talking their heart out, getting involved in the conversation with all their being and always fully aware of their good and bad parts. Quite uniquely in the countries in Eastern Europe, I would dare say.
- Pros:Places that do not shock anyone, but rather appeal in a human way.
- In a nutshell:A museum-like country where being natural is the main exhibit.
Written Jan 12, 2005
Going Eastwards: Chisinau, 2001
Written Aug 12, 2007
Rivers One Cannot Sail Along
Romanian_Bat's Related Pages
Moldova Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A long weekend to Moldova"
- "Moldova - The most Fascinated country!!!"
- "Moldova - the most forgotten European country"
- "Welcome to Moldova!!!"
- "I heard that Moldova had the most beautiful women."
- "Moldova - during national holidays"
- "Got Wine?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Moldova
- Hotels in Moldova
- Transportation in Moldova
- Nightlife in Moldova
- Restaurants in Moldova
- Shopping in Moldova
- Warnings and Dangers in Moldova
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Moldova
- 0 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Moldova?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Moldova
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 194 reviews, 659 photos, 4 travelogues
- Romania Intro, 64 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Former Republic of Serbia and Montenegro Intro, 1 review, 31 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ukraine Intro, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- India Intro, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bulgaria Intro, 23 photos, 4 travelogues
- Iran Intro, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Moldova Intro, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Turkmenistan Intro, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 14 photos, 2 travelogues