"A Unspoiled Touch of Paradise" Saint Vincent and the Grenadines by James63
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Travel Guide: 210 reviews and 443 photos
St. Vincent and the Grenadines, a small multi-island nation that has been independent since 1979, is the Caribbean as it is supposed to be. The main island is lush, mountianous and tropical, and frankly does not much cater to tourists, although it has some spectacular sights. (I make it a habit to spend one or two days every trip visiting the mainland.) The Grenadines are everybody's idea of a beach paradise. I have visited all of the main inhabited Grenadines save the resort on Petit St. Vincent, which I am saving for the proverbial "special someone." In addition, the Tobago Cays - four uninhabited islands - offer some of the most unspoiled beaches and snorkelling you'll ever want to see.
To be sure, the islanders are poor, but they are friendly and all of the resorts are elegant and unique, not the mass produced concrete monstrosities you see in more developed islands.
My strongest recommendations are:
On St. Vincent -
Young Island - a great resort and the best launch point for exploring the mainland. (Do not stay at the resort on Saturday nights if you are a light sleeper, as it is right across from the beachfront bars that start late and play loud and long. An option if you plan to stay over a Saturday night and are really bothered by loud music is the Grand View Beach Hotel, but it really is a second best, though less expensive, choice.)
In the Grenadines -
The islands of Bequia, specifically the Plantation Inn, and Canouan, specifically the Carenage Beach Resort and Golf Club, are the best bets. Mustique, with its Cotton House and Firefly Hotels, is wonderful, but somewhat confined, with only one bar - the world famous but somewhat overrated Basils - for evening entertainment. Finally, for couples, the resort on Petit St. Vincent is unmatched!!
In any case, forget about the rest of the Caribbean, SVG is the best of the West Indies in one package.
St. Vincent and the Grenadines was made for the outdoor summer sports fanatic. The options are plentiful and everyone... more travel advice
Travel light, with no more than one standard sized suit case, especially if you plan to stay in multiple locations in... more travel advice
- Ah, those Caribbean Nights!!
- An Unremarkable Monument with Remarkable...
- See All There is a drug culture on St....
- It's Not Easy, but it's Worth It!
- Conservative, Except (ahem!) when...
James63's Related Pages
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St Vincent"
- "St Vincent ..."
- "Where, Oh Where has my litttle "dog-gone"""
- "Lush and sumptuous"
- "islandgirl's new St.Vincent&Grenadines page"
- "The Beautiful Grenadines"
- "TheGallery's new St.Vincent&Grenadines Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Hotels in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Transportation in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Nightlife in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Restaurants in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Shopping in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- 15 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Wrote a Review Hiking and Diving and Swimming, Oh My! in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Sports & Outdoors
- created a Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Travel Page "A Unspoiled Touch of Paradise"
Top 5 Pages
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Intro, 15 reviews
- Andorra Intro, 11 reviews
- Vatican City Intro, 11 reviews
- San Marino Intro, 11 reviews
- Monaco Intro, 9 reviews
No friends yet.