"Koelsh, ja wohl" Top 5 Page for this destination Cologne by croisbeauty
Cologne Travel Guide: 1,652 reviews and 4,347 photos
I was in Cologne once before but it was just a short time staying for a dinner, somwhere in the outskirts of the town. It was very good Italian seafood restaurant and I was hoping to find it again but unfortunatelly couldn't remember the name and its position.
This time I came on purpose to explore the town and in particularly the magnificent cathedral, which is one of the most beautiful sacral object I've seen so far. During my three days staying I was able to explore most of the city centre and in particularly the Alt Stadt, which is the most charming part of the town.
There exist very active group of VTers in Cologne and its close surroundings. Thanks to SABSI, we had lovely mini VT meeting enjoying a lot in Koelsh (famous local brand of beer) and traditional Cologne dishes. Thank you guys for your friendship and worm hospitality.
I was pretty much in panic on a day of my ariving to the town, it was very cold and snowing, weather conditions that I hate the most. The next day, however, I had good weather conditions, partly cloudy with short periods of sun which enables me to take some good pictures.
The third day, the day of my departure, was absolutely beautiful. This, what you see on the picture, is the scene I saw from my hotel room the moment I wake up (7:30AM). The sunrising over Rhein was just stunning.
We had lovely VT meeting in Cologne, organized by SABSI. The atenders were: BIGS, SABSI, TINY TUCK, DOCU2001, HORSCHECK, RHINEROLL, SEPPOMAN and me Croisbeauty. Check for more in my traveloques.
Every place we visit memorable is by something that is deeply etched in our memory. Some words autimatically invoke the... more travel advice
- See All not bad but not good either
- See All Riverboat tour
- See All Bottmuhle
- See All it's only a rock n' roll
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Cologne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Cologne"
- "Koelsh, ja wohl"
- "Roman History, Magnificent Cathedral, and Kölsch"
- "Fabulous city with huge cultural heritage."
- "My big neighbour, Cologne (Köln)!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cologne
- Hotels in Cologne
- Transportation in Cologne
- Nightlife in Cologne
- Restaurants in Cologne
- Shopping in Cologne
- Warnings and Dangers in Cologne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cologne
- 63 Reviews
- 251 Photos
- 21 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (237)
Have you been to Cologne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cologne
Photos in CologneSee All Photos (251)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 261 reviews, 1197 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 239 reviews, 962 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 708 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 156 reviews, 603 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 140 reviews, 482 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 130 reviews, 491 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 120 reviews, 425 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 137 reviews, 408 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 95 reviews, 394 photos