"Koelsh, ja wohl" Top 5 Page for this destination Cologne by croisbeauty

Cologne Travel Guide: 1,609 reviews and 4,009 photos

Exploring the town and meeting VTfriends

I was in Cologne once before but it was just a short time staying for a dinner, somwhere in the outskirts of the town. It was very good Italian seafood restaurant and I was hoping to find it again but unfortunatelly couldn't remember the name and its position.
This time I came on purpose to explore the town and in particularly the magnificent cathedral, which is one of the most beautiful sacral object I've seen so far. During my three days staying I was able to explore most of the city centre and in particularly the Alt Stadt, which is the most charming part of the town.
There exist very active group of VTers in Cologne and its close surroundings. Thanks to SABSI, we had lovely mini VT meeting enjoying a lot in Koelsh (famous local brand of beer) and traditional Cologne dishes. Thank you guys for your friendship and worm hospitality.

Sunrising at Cologne, 05.03.2006.

I was pretty much in panic on a day of my ariving to the town, it was very cold and snowing, weather conditions that I hate the most. The next day, however, I had good weather conditions, partly cloudy with short periods of sun which enables me to take some good pictures.
The third day, the day of my departure, was absolutely beautiful. This, what you see on the picture, is the scene I saw from my hotel room the moment I wake up (7:30AM). The sunrising over Rhein was just stunning.

Bussy hands of my German VT friends

We had lovely VT meeting in Cologne, organized by SABSI. The atenders were: BIGS, SABSI, TINY TUCK, DOCU2001, HORSCHECK, RHINEROLL, SEPPOMAN and me Croisbeauty. Check for more in my traveloques.

• Last visit to Cologne: Mar 2006
  • Intro Updated Jun 6, 2013

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2013 at 11:15 AM

a lot of interesting places. pity for me I missed the chance to visit the city several years ago... but I hope for good :-)

• Pavlekin's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2011 at 7:59 AM

baš su lepe vaše slikice

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2008 at 9:49 PM

thanks your tips are going to be of great help planning my trip ;-)

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2007 at 10:15 AM

Cologne has many sights I'd love to see--the striking Cathedral and lovely streets would surely make a visit interesting! The shopping looks great, too. THANKS...

• Jan 5, 2007 at 10:30 AM

this is the mall i would go to to die its just like heaven

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2006 at 2:13 AM

The Cathedral looks magnificent and reminds me of Rouen. Your photos of Modern architecture are stunning too. Medieval is fine but modern can be beautiful too when well thought! I hope some day to visit Köln (haha always this English naming!)

• diocletianvs's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2006 at 10:48 AM

Oh yes, I noticed restaurant "Slavija" as well. But no, instead of being served by nice Croatian waiters I *had* to experience Cologne brewery and rude local waiters. Good to see there are alternatives when I come back there :)

• tmaresh's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2006 at 9:06 AM

I like your pictures of Cologne! Last summer, I drove my car around and aroundd the city, and finally got directions to the Dom from a friendly pedestrian on a country lane! I found the Dom and parked in the garage right under the front steps! Very Easy!

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2006 at 3:15 PM

Great start Boris, I'll be back.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2006 at 11:02 AM

Fantastic updates here ..so it looks like you liked the lady of the Tourist Informationoffice ...*verybigsmile* ...I will come back later for updates ...

croisbeauty

“do not hesitate, pack your bag and go, doesn't matter where”

Badges & Stats in Cologne

Have you been to Cologne?

Latest Activity in Cologne