"PIRAN" Top 5 Page for this destination Piran by croisbeauty
Piran Travel Guide: 510 reviews and 1,200 photos
Traveling from Pula to Verona, on October 1st 2002, I stoped for two hours in Piran to make a few pics. Unfortunatelly it was a rainy day with poor light conditions.
In August 2003, when spending my summer holidays in Istria, I made a day trip to Piran in order to make new pictures of it under the clear sunny day.
Piran is old mediterranean town which is situated at the cape of the Piran peninsula. The town looks like one large museum with the medieval architecture and rich cultural heritage. It is also a very important touristic centre of Slovenia.
The parish church of St. George (sv. Jurija) was built in the 12th c., while the present figure is from 1637. The tower bell of the church was built in 1608 and is a smaller copy of the famous tower bell of St. Marcul in Venice.
The old administrative centre, once called Piazza Vecchia.
In case you have your own boat, the marina is situated right in the well protected port of Piran. Everything you need to... more travel advice
Years ago Piran was small fishermen town and it was the main occupation of its citizens. Little by little, the whole... more travel advice
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Piran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Slovenia with a touch of Venice"
- "One of the most livable places in Europe."
- "PIRAN - the pearl of Slovenian Coast"
- "Piran - Slovenia's coastal jewel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Piran
- Hotels in Piran
- Transportation in Piran
- Nightlife in Piran
- Restaurants in Piran
- Shopping in Piran
- Warnings and Dangers in Piran
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Piran
- 34 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (145)
Have you been to Piran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Piran
Photos in PiranSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 252 reviews, 1172 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 220 reviews, 835 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 708 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 155 reviews, 602 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 123 reviews, 469 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 129 reviews, 454 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 135 reviews, 398 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 116 reviews, 411 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 92 reviews, 383 photos