"SKOFJA LOKA" Top 5 Page for this destination Skofja Loka by croisbeauty
Skofja Loka Travel Guide: 212 reviews and 593 photos
Skofja Loka is known as the most preserved medieval town in Slovenia. The majority of the buildings are from from the end of 16th century.
Actuall history of the town started in 973 when the German emperor Oton II donated the territory of Loka to the Bishop Abraham from Freising in Bavaria. Bishofs of Freising had named the settlement of Skofja Loka (Bischoflack). The settlement was proclamed as town in 1274.
The old core of the town is consisted of Mestni trg (town market) called also Plac, and Spodnj trg (lower market) or Lontrg.
Kamniti or Kapucinski most, the Stone Bridge, is one of the oldest bridges of this style in Europe. It is more than 600 years old.
Next to Puštal Castle, on the top of the small hill which dominated the settlement of Puštal is situated a votive... more travel advice
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Skofja Loka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bishops Lawn at the Sora River"
- "An underrated destination."
- "Skofja Loka"
- "SKOFJA LOKA"
- "Škofja Loka - Bishop's Meadow"
- "SKOFJA LOKA - A 1000 YR OLD TOWN!"
- "Škofja Loka"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Skofja Loka
- Hotels in Skofja Loka
- Transportation in Skofja Loka
- Restaurants in Skofja Loka
- Warnings and Dangers in Skofja Loka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Skofja Loka
- 41 Reviews
- 100 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (145)
Have you been to Skofja Loka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Skofja Loka
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 252 reviews, 1172 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 220 reviews, 835 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 708 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 155 reviews, 602 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 123 reviews, 469 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 129 reviews, 454 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 135 reviews, 398 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 116 reviews, 411 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 92 reviews, 383 photos