"DUBROVNIK , the Pearl of Croatia" Top 5 Page for this destination Dubrovnik by croisbeauty
Dubrovnik Travel Guide: 1,822 reviews and 4,853 photos
"Those who seek paradise on Earth should come to Dubrovnik and see Dubrovnik"
(George Bernard Shaw)
Dubrovnik, built as a planned city in the 13th century, with its well-preserved city walls and towers - built from the 14th to the 16th centuries - has numerous renowned public buildings, including Divona, the Mint, the Rector's palace, churches, houses and palaces. It has a unique image that can be compared to that of Venice or Amsterdam.
When we plan a trip all our thoughts are inevitable connected with the weather conditions, in a way that it becoming kind of obsession. Suppose one is planning to spend weekend in Venice, for the first time, but then the rain is spoiling it completely, wouldn't you feel like killing somebody? I certainly would.
Dubrovnik is one of those places where visitors wish to meet sunny weather all the time, especially if "armed" by the camera. It is definatelly different place under the sun or rain.
I've visited many places, some of them likewise Venice, Florence, Amsterdam, Prague are considered as the most beautiful in the world, but as far as I am concerned nothing can be compared with the fabulous and exceptional beauty of Dubrovnik. This town has all what needing to fall in love with it at the first sight. Perfect position, enchanting beauty, stunning architecture and perfectly preserved during the century, sea-shore to die for and magical surroundings.
Dubrovnik offers a unique experience to the visitors, walking tour on the top of the city walls all around the old core... more travel advice
Placa (Stradun) is the real heart of Dubrovnik, it is the main open urban area and gathrering place for its citizens and... more travel advice
- See All The small unknown chapels
- See All Rooftops
- See All Croatian tavern
- Flying by Croatiairlines
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Dubrovnik Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "DUBROVNIK , the Pearl of Croatia"
- "Dubrovnik and the beauty inside"
- "Dubrovnik - Ragusa"
- "Divine Dubrovnik"
- "Unavoidable Dubrovnik"
- "A Lovely Village Inside a Wall"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dubrovnik
- Hotels in Dubrovnik
- Transportation in Dubrovnik
- Nightlife in Dubrovnik
- Restaurants in Dubrovnik
- Shopping in Dubrovnik
- Warnings and Dangers in Dubrovnik
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dubrovnik
- 74 Reviews
- 238 Photos
- 76 Forum posts
- 117 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (147)
Have you been to Dubrovnik?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dubrovnik
- Posted in Travel Croatia Forum "Re: Croatia - 6 days itinery and..."
- Commented on one of croisbeauty's Dubrovnik travel pages
- Wrote a Review Walking paths on the city walls about City walls in Dubrovnik Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Minceta Fortress"
- updated a Dubrovnik Travel Page "DUBROVNIK , the Pearl of Croatia"
Photos in DubrovnikSee All Photos (238)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 252 reviews, 1172 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 220 reviews, 835 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 708 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 156 reviews, 603 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 123 reviews, 469 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 129 reviews, 454 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 118 reviews, 422 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 135 reviews, 398 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 92 reviews, 383 photos