Karlovac Things to Do Tips by croisbeauty
Karlovac Things to Do: 9 reviews and 25 photos
the city park
Those who like parks will come on their own in Karlovac because there are many parks in the town and all of them are situated right in the heart of the city. Actually, there exist a kind of huge ring of parks closing waste area towards the river of Korana.
The town of Karlovac has suffered major distructions during the war 1991 - 1995. Today, it is still under reconstructions, mostly at its outskirts.
The city center is almost fully reconstructed now, displaying colourful facades of its houses as it used to be before.
Gradski muzej, the City Museum of Karlovac, is situated in one of the oldest building in the town. It used to be the seat of Zrinski-Frankopans, famous Croatian noble family from the medieval period.
The museum displays exibits from the earliest history of the town and its surroundings, up to the present times.
Address: Strossmayerov trg
Pocetak Karolinške ceste
The milestone which marks the beginning of so-called "Karolin?ka cesta" (Caroline road), built in the time of the Hapsburg ruke over Croatia, in order to connect hinterland and the coastal part of the country. At the time, it was one of the most modern road in the Europe.
The old wooden bridge across the river of Korana is of exceptional beauty. Not much of such constructions can be found nowadays. The bridge is still very well preserved but closed for the traffic. It is situated in the central city park, just a few hundred of meters from the main beach resort.
Address: River of Korana
Karlovac is located on a four rivers, Kupa, Korana, Dobra and Mrežnica. The Korana river flows right through the city centre and since the water is very clean it is the main swiming attraction in the summer season.
The town of Karlovac is situated on the crossroads and connects the eastern and central part of the country with the Adriatic coast.
More Reviews (28)
- See All Karlovac through the history
- See All Pavillion Katzler
- See All water
- See All "Norijada"
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Karlovac Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "City of four rivers"
- "TURANJ NEAR KARLOVAC"
- "The rivers of Karlovac"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karlovac
- Hotels in Karlovac
- Nightlife in Karlovac
- Restaurants in Karlovac
- Shopping in Karlovac
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mount Revelstoke National Park Hotels
- North Sumatra Province
- Rapid City
- Lancang Hotels
- Glenlyon Hotels
- Cochabamba Hotels
Badges & Stats in Karlovac
- 34 Reviews
- 98 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (127)
Have you been to Karlovac?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karlovac
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 239 reviews, 1107 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 219 reviews, 802 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 193 reviews, 634 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 123 reviews, 466 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 124 reviews, 433 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 134 reviews, 395 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 111 reviews, 386 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 85 reviews, 376 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Croatia Intro, 86 reviews, 372 photos, 6 travelogues
Latest Karlovac hotel reviews
- Hotel Korana Srakovcic
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 21, 2013