"PLITVICKA JEZERA" Top 5 Page for this destination Plitvicka Jezera National Park by croisbeauty
Plitvicka Jezera National Park Travel Guide: 345 reviews and 1,165 photos
THIS PLACE IS THE REASON WHY YOU HAVE TO VISIT CROATIA , AT LEAST FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE TIME*.
Plitvicka Jezera National Park is one of the most beautiful natural wonders in Europe. In a valley between high forested mountains lies, one bellow another, a string of sixteen beautiful lakes of a crystal blue-green colour. They are fed by many small streams and brooks and spill over into each other in foaming cascades and thundering waterfalls. Over the millenia, the waters of theese lakes have dissolved the limestone rock and carved out the valleay in which they now lie.
STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Through the sedimentation of calcium carbonate and the work of special kinds of algae and moss tufa or travertine has been deposited, and is still deposited to form the natural dams that separate the lakes. Since the process is going on today, just as it always has, new travertine barriers, curtains, stalactities, channels and cascades are being built and the existing ones are changing.
As it is deposited, the tufa coats the beds and banks of the lakes, giving the water a sparkling beauty and petrifying trees and stones which fall into the lakes. The water keep breaking through the travertine barriers at different places, so that the entire process of formation of lakes and dams is alive and very dynamic.
- Pros:When feeling down I go to Plitvice, nothing can help me so much as touring around
- Cons:don't excisting
- In a nutshell:To me Plitvice is the most beautiful National Park on this planet
It is useful to know that the park can be visited in the company of your pet. Many people struggle what to do with the... more travel advice
Plitvice National Park lays down rules of conduct for visitors, primarily to preserve this unique gift of nature but... more travel advice
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Plitvicka Jezera National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PLITVICKA JEZERA"
- "THE INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL WATERFALLS OF PLITVICE"
- "Plitvicka National Park, pure beauty"
- "P L I T V I C E"
- "Plitvice - water wonders"
- "MORE OF PLITVICE'S BEAUTY"
- "An Amazing Paradise In Croatia..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Hotels in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Transportation in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Nightlife in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Restaurants in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Shopping in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- 72 Reviews
- 304 Photos
- 36 Forum posts
- 37 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (177)
Have you been to Plitvicka Jezera National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Posted in Travel Monterosso al Mare Forum "Re: Getting from monterosso train..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "No swiming"
- Commented on one of croisbeauty's Plitvicka Jezera National Park tips
- updated a Plitvicka Jezera National Park Travel Page "PLITVICKA JEZERA"
- Wrote a Review Dogs about It is forbidden to ... in Plitvicka Jezera National Park Warnings and Dangers
Photos in Plitvicka Jezera National ParkSee All Photos (304)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 258 reviews, 1202 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 238 reviews, 962 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 708 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 156 reviews, 603 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 126 reviews, 476 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 129 reviews, 454 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 120 reviews, 425 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 137 reviews, 408 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 95 reviews, 394 photos