"PLITVICKA JEZERA" Top 5 Page for this destination Plitvicka Jezera National Park by croisbeauty
Plitvicka Jezera National Park Travel Guide: 380 reviews and 1,127 photos
THIS PLACE IS THE REASON WHY YOU HAVE TO VISIT CROATIA , AT LEAST FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE TIME*.
Plitvicka Jezera National Park is one of the most beautiful natural wonders in Europe. In a valley between high forested mountains lies, one bellow another, a string of sixteen beautiful lakes of a crystal blue-green colour. They are fed by many small streams and brooks and spill over into each other in foaming cascades and thundering waterfalls. Over the millenia, the waters of theese lakes have dissolved the limestone rock and carved out the valleay in which they now lie.
STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Through the sedimentation of calcium carbonate and the work of special kinds of algae and moss tufa or travertine has been deposited, and is still deposited to form the natural dams that separate the lakes. Since the process is going on today, just as it always has, new travertine barriers, curtains, stalactities, channels and cascades are being built and the existing ones are changing.
As it is deposited, the tufa coats the beds and banks of the lakes, giving the water a sparkling beauty and petrifying trees and stones which fall into the lakes. The water keep breaking through the travertine barriers at different places, so that the entire process of formation of lakes and dams is alive and very dynamic.
- Pros:When feeling down I go to Plitvice, nothing can help me so much as touring around
- Cons:don't excisting
- In a nutshell:To me Plitvice is the most beautiful National Park on this planet
From Gavanovac Lake onwards, up to the wooden crossroads which leading to a boat stop at Kozjak lake, there are trails... more travel advice
What you see on this pictures is Kaludjerovac Lake, the last one in a row of the Lower Lakes. The lake ends in a... more travel advice
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Plitvicka Jezera National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rhapsody of Water in the middle of Croatia"
- "PLITVICKA JEZERA"
- "THE INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL WATERFALLS OF PLITVICE"
- "Plitvicka National Park, pure beauty"
- "P L I T V I C E"
- "MORE OF PLITVICE'S BEAUTY"
- "An Amazing Paradise In Croatia..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Hotels in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Transportation in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Nightlife in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Restaurants in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Shopping in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- 64 Reviews
- 269 Photos
- 16 Forum posts
- 36 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (145)
Have you been to Plitvicka Jezera National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Posted in Travel Konya Forum "Re: Airport to Konya for group"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Veliki prštavci"
- Commented on one of croisbeauty's Plitvicka Jezera National Park travel pages
- updated a Plitvicka Jezera National Park Travel Page "PLITVICKA JEZERA"
- Wrote a Review Trails in Plitvicka Jezera National Park Local Customs
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 252 reviews, 1172 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 220 reviews, 835 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 708 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 155 reviews, 602 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 123 reviews, 469 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 129 reviews, 454 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 135 reviews, 398 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 116 reviews, 411 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 92 reviews, 383 photos