"PLITVICKA JEZERA" Top 5 Page for this destination Plitvicka Jezera National Park by croisbeauty
Plitvicka Jezera National Park Travel Guide: 355 reviews and 1,202 photos
THIS PLACE IS THE REASON WHY YOU HAVE TO VISIT CROATIA , AT LEAST FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE TIME*.
Plitvicka Jezera National Park is one of the most beautiful natural wonders in Europe. In a valley between high forested mountains lies, one bellow another, a string of sixteen beautiful lakes of a crystal blue-green colour. They are fed by many small streams and brooks and spill over into each other in foaming cascades and thundering waterfalls. Over the millenia, the waters of theese lakes have dissolved the limestone rock and carved out the valleay in which they now lie.
STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Through the sedimentation of calcium carbonate and the work of special kinds of algae and moss tufa or travertine has been deposited, and is still deposited to form the natural dams that separate the lakes. Since the process is going on today, just as it always has, new travertine barriers, curtains, stalactities, channels and cascades are being built and the existing ones are changing.
As it is deposited, the tufa coats the beds and banks of the lakes, giving the water a sparkling beauty and petrifying trees and stones which fall into the lakes. The water keep breaking through the travertine barriers at different places, so that the entire process of formation of lakes and dams is alive and very dynamic.
- Pros:When feeling down I go to Plitvice, nothing can help me so much as touring around
- Cons:don't excisting
- In a nutshell:To me Plitvice is the most beautiful National Park on this planet
After a long and terrible drought that befell the area, so terrible that even "Crna rijeka" (Black River) dried, the... more travel advice
There are few panoramic terraces, in the area of the Lower lakes, which offering a magnificent view of the lakes,... more travel advice
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Plitvicka Jezera National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PLITVICKA JEZERA"
- "THE INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL WATERFALLS OF PLITVICE"
- "Plitvicka National Park, pure beauty"
- "P L I T V I C E"
- "Plitvice - water wonders"
- "An Amazing Paradise In Croatia..."
- "Great Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Hotels in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Transportation in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Nightlife in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Restaurants in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Shopping in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- 73 Reviews
- 309 Photos
- 44 Forum posts
- 39 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (251)
Have you been to Plitvicka Jezera National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Posted in Travel Mestna Obcina Ljubljana Forum "Re: trains in slovenia"
- updated a Plitvicka Jezera National Park Travel Page "PLITVICKA JEZERA"
- croisbeauty created a new itinerary NP Plitvička jezera, a must see when visiting Croatia.
- Uploaded a Photo to "Legend about the origin of the Lakes"
- Wrote a Review Legend about the origin of the Lakes in Plitvicka Jezera National Park Favorites
- Commented on one of croisbeauty's Plitvicka Jezera National Park tips
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 268 reviews, 1232 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 244 reviews, 987 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 708 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 157 reviews, 609 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 141 reviews, 493 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 132 reviews, 501 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 120 reviews, 425 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 137 reviews, 408 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 95 reviews, 394 photos