Sibenik Favorite Tips by croisbeauty Top 5 Page for this destination
Sibenik Favorites: 20 reviews and 27 photos
Favorite thing: Riva (the coast) goes all around the old core of the town and further in direction of the railway station. It is the main pedestrian area of the city, ecpecially in the hot summer nights. The sea-water and the gentle wind from its direction makes perfect refreshing conditions.
Besides, there are a number of restaurants on it and the huge parking place.
Fondest memory: Watching the boats and yachts in the city marine.
Favorite thing: Don't miss to visit the breathtaking National Park Krka, which is located near the town of Sibenik. Here you can enjoy in walking, bathing under the waterfalls, sightseeing ....
Fondest memory: Check my page of NP Krka, the pictures can say more then the words.
Petar Krešimir IV
Favorite thing: Sibenik was mentioned for the first time during the reign of King Petar Kresimir IV (1058-1074), who brought the Croatian medieval state to the peak of the political and military power. From the document of King Petar Kresimir IV, which was issued by him in Sibenik on December 25, 1066 to the Zadar Benedictine monastery of St. Mary, we learn that he stayed and ruled in Sibenik at that time, with all his state dignitaries and the whole episcopate of his kingdom. His inheritors, Kings Zvonimir and Stjepan II, temporarily stayed and dealt with state affairs in ?ibenik. King Stjepan II (1089-1090) was the last ruler from the Croatian dynasty of Trpimirovici. After him, political conditions in Croatia became very unstable enabling the military and political intervention of Zvonimir's brother-in-law, the Hungarian King Ladislav so that Croatia finally entered the state union with Hungary in 1102. The Hungarian-Croatian kings became the soverigns of ?ibenik as well.
Fondest memory: The town of Sibenik is colloquially known as Kresimir's town.
Tvrðava sv. Mihovila
Favorite thing: The fortress of St. Ana was called in older time the fort of St. Mihovil. Its oldest forms, dimensions and aspect are unknown. It had been ruined several times until the beginning of the 15th century, when it was built in today's form by white dressed stone.
In its north-east part, the remnants of material culture from the Iron Age were found. It is quite certain that the Croats had erected their fort at the place where there was the "gradina" of old Illyrians.
More Reviews (60)
- See All staircase
- See All In the heart of the town
- See All crkva
- See All Yachting
- Porticos of Sibenik
- See All NP Krka
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Sibenik Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sibenik & National Park Krka"
- "A must visit between two National Parks."
- "unexpected sibenik"
- "It is An Elegant City with Style"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sibenik
- Hotels in Sibenik
- Transportation in Sibenik
- Nightlife in Sibenik
- Restaurants in Sibenik
- Shopping in Sibenik
- Warnings and Dangers in Sibenik
- See All...
Explore the World
- Cocoa Beach Hotels
- Papeete Hotels
- Santiago Hotels
- Shirdi Hotels
Badges & Stats in Sibenik
- 64 Reviews
- 110 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 50 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (127)
Have you been to Sibenik?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sibenik
Photos in SibenikSee All Photos (110)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 239 reviews, 1104 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 219 reviews, 802 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 193 reviews, 634 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 123 reviews, 466 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 124 reviews, 433 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 134 reviews, 395 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 111 reviews, 386 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 85 reviews, 376 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Croatia Intro, 86 reviews, 372 photos, 6 travelogues