"Trogir - the gem of Adriatic" Top 5 Page for this destination Trogir by croisbeauty

Trogir Travel Guide: 198 reviews and 673 photos

Anoter gem in the Croat Crown

Trogir is one of the most beautiful town on the Adriatic coast and a must see when visiting Croatia. It is situated 25km northwest of Split and is a prefcet spot for a half-day trip.
The old core, as you can see on the picture, is situated on a small island connected with both mainland and island of Ciovo by the bridges.
This is, of course, borowed picture.

The old core

The historic centre of the town of Trogir, due to the importance of its cultural and historical heritage, was entered into the list of the UNESCO's World cultural heritage on 6th December 1997.

The bridge to Ciovo

This is a picture of draw bridge which connected a small island where the old core of the town is situated and the island of Ciovo.

• Last visit to Trogir: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated Jun 13, 2013

• Jun 26, 2006 at 5:37 AM

Very impressive place!! I like such old houses, streets views and passages.

• poons's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2006 at 6:48 AM

Sure was fun Boris - sorry you couldn't make it. Meet up one day I hope - Trogir is on my list :o) and now I know where to come for a great page.

• SharrieShaw's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2006 at 12:28 AM

I am heading for Trogir in an hour. Staying the night there & catching that early flight tomorrow morning from Trogir. Great views of the city you shot. Excellent photography!

• tashka's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2006 at 11:04 AM

So I managed to visit Trogir back in 2004! A great place! Thanks for your tips!

• csutiluca's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2004 at 2:03 PM

30 years ago one of my collagues told us that we mustn't die without visiting Trogir. 10 years later I was lucky enough to spend there a day , he was right. Your page and pics are great, I long to go back.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2004 at 1:15 AM

I have been only twice in Trogir. Your pictures make me feel like visiting once more this wonderful town. Hvala !

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2003 at 11:21 AM

I had to come check out why you recommended it to me. Now I see why!!! Beautiful old historic core.

• Skipka's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2003 at 4:54 AM

I've been here when it was old Yugoslavia and for me as citizen of other Block it was like a paradise ;) Pity that there happened what happened... I mean war ... excellent page

• KristaB's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2003 at 1:42 AM

What a wonderful place, I’m so glad I’ll spend a few days there this summer!

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2003 at 2:37 PM

All of those old Fortresses look pretty cool! Croatia is so Fascinating! Great Page!

croisbeauty

“do not hesitate, pack your bag and go, doesn't matter where”

Badges & Stats in Trogir