"VARAZDIN - The Baroque city" Top 5 Page for this destination Varazdin by croisbeauty
Varazdin Travel Guide: 90 reviews and 314 photos
Varazdin is called the Baroque city, the impressive Old Town, the luxurious churches, town manor houses, and particularly the Varazdin Cemetery amaze visitors withe their artistic range and cultural traditions.
A city on the right bank of the Drava river in the north-western Croatia, population 43.000
- first mentioned in 1181.
- it was chartered as a free royal town by King Andrew II in 1209,
- the privileges were confirmed by Bela IV in 1220
- in 1775 it became the administrative centre of the institutions of Civil Croatia
- the fire of 1776 destroyed most of the town, resulting in the administrative and political institutions moving back to Zagreb.
This beautiful Baroque Patacic Palace, situated just a foot from themain square of the town, houses the Bank nowadays and a nice cafe-bar in the ground floor.
The town of Varaždin is known as a green-town, there are plenty of parks in the city centre.
- See All Twins
- See All The back-smith's workshop
- See All Flowers/foliage
- See All Varazdin - The Old Castle
- Enjoying Baroque evenings faestival
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Varazdin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VARAZDIN - The Baroque city"
- "Varazdin, city of the north"
- "Welcome to the Town of Croatian Baroque !"
- "The Sampsons in Varazdin"
- "Trips to Varazdin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Varazdin
- Hotels in Varazdin
- Transportation in Varazdin
- Nightlife in Varazdin
- Restaurants in Varazdin
- Shopping in Varazdin
- Warnings and Dangers in Varazdin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Varazdin
- 41 Reviews
- 142 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (238)
Have you been to Varazdin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Varazdin
Photos in VarazdinSee All Photos (142)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 258 reviews, 1202 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 238 reviews, 962 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 708 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 156 reviews, 603 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 129 reviews, 491 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 130 reviews, 456 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 120 reviews, 425 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 137 reviews, 408 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 95 reviews, 394 photos