"ZADAR" Top 5 Page for this destination Zadar by croisbeauty

Zadar Travel Guide: 381 reviews and 1,271 photos

TELAŠCICA

Telašcica - a large cove in the extreme south of the island Dugi Otok around 10 km long and between 160 and 1.800 m wide, with several expansions with sandy and mud bottoms.
The north-eastern coast of Telašèica is predominantly bare, and the south-eastern part is covered by forest of pine, olive and fig trees.
The cove has 25 inlets, five islets and a special natural attraction, the salt lake.
The mysterious legends of buried gold and strange original inhabitants with five small horns on their heads fit into this marvellous and beautiful scenery.

St. Donatus, emblem of the city of Zadar

I' ve lived four years in this beautiful and one of the oldest towns in whole Croatia. It was established almost three towsand years ago on a small peninsula preserving the ancient street grid as well as Roman forum (Forum Romanorum), dating back to the first century AD.
The church of St. Donat, leaning on the early Christian cathedral, was built in the early Middle Ages, most probably at the beginning of the 9th century. It was designed upon the early Byzantine tradition.

Foša

Foša, the small fishermen port situated next to the Lion's Gate, as far as I am concerned, is the most pitoresque spot in the old core of the town. It is a must see spot when visitig Zadar, not only because of the port, here you can find one of the most better fish restaurants in whole Croatia.

• Last visit to Zadar: Aug 2007
  • Intro Updated Apr 10, 2014

• Squinchez's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2007 at 6:58 AM

didn't God did a wonderful job in creating this place, i love that first pic,

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2006 at 8:09 AM

Looks definitely like a possible next year's destination.

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2006 at 3:14 PM

do you think driving to zadar from zagreb after we land is too much? I hope you are around sat oct 7 when we meet in the square in zagreb. ellen

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2005 at 10:20 PM

I have good memories of Zadar from a visit many years ago. 2006 should see a return - your photos and tips will have me exploring more. Thanks. leyle

• edvin_br's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2005 at 8:58 AM

Zadar is a very picturesque place with a beautiful old town... its another great reason to visit the Adriatic Coast!!

• Aug 9, 2004 at 2:28 PM

I loved Zadar as a kid, I shall have to return to explore it better. Beautiful Pictures.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2004 at 1:24 AM

I am not much excited about Zadar itself, always visited in late July, but, now that I have seen your photos, I feel I should go back at a cooler season, in order to fully appreciate the town.

• Imbi's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2004 at 2:41 AM

Next time, when in Croatia, Zadar would be my main destination. Wonderful work Boris

• Sharrie's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2004 at 2:39 AM

Oh mine, did Mark check this place out?

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2004 at 8:52 AM

I love your creepy picture of the St. Crysogamus Church!

croisbeauty

“do not hesitate, pack your bag and go, doesn't matter where”

Badges & Stats in Zadar