"ZADAR" Top 5 Page for this destination Zadar by croisbeauty
Zadar Travel Guide: 369 reviews and 1,168 photos
Telašcica - a large cove in the extreme south of the island Dugi Otok around 10 km long and between 160 and 1.800 m wide, with several expansions with sandy and mud bottoms.
The north-eastern coast of Telašèica is predominantly bare, and the south-eastern part is covered by forest of pine, olive and fig trees.
The cove has 25 inlets, five islets and a special natural attraction, the salt lake.
The mysterious legends of buried gold and strange original inhabitants with five small horns on their heads fit into this marvellous and beautiful scenery.
I' ve lived four years in this beautiful and one of the oldest towns in whole Croatia. It was established almost three towsand years ago on a small peninsula preserving the ancient street grid as well as Roman forum (Forum Romanorum), dating back to the first century AD.
The church of St. Donat, leaning on the early Christian cathedral, was built in the early Middle Ages, most probably at the beginning of the 9th century. It was designed upon the early Byzantine tradition.
Foša, the small fishermen port situated next to the Lion's Gate, as far as I am concerned, is the most pitoresque spot in the old core of the town. It is a must see spot when visitig Zadar, not only because of the port, here you can find one of the most better fish restaurants in whole Croatia.
Telascica Nature Park is situated in the south-east part of island Dugi Otok. Actually, it is bay of extreme beauty... more travel advice
- See All traditional Dalmatian cuisine
- See All Streets
- See All Zadar on the other side of peninsula
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Zadar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "stones well beaten and sounds of the sea"
- "City with a Soul"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zadar
- Hotels in Zadar
- Transportation in Zadar
- Nightlife in Zadar
- Restaurants in Zadar
- Shopping in Zadar
- Warnings and Dangers in Zadar
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Zadar
- 52 Reviews
- 229 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 45 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (136)
Have you been to Zadar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zadar
Photos in ZadarSee All Photos (229)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 252 reviews, 1172 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 219 reviews, 811 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 193 reviews, 634 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 154 reviews, 600 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 123 reviews, 466 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 124 reviews, 433 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 134 reviews, 395 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 116 reviews, 411 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nairobi Intro, 86 reviews, 385 photos, 4 travelogues
Latest Zadar hotel reviews
- Falkensteiner Club Funimation Borik
- 97 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013
- Hotel Venera
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 14, 2013
- Pinija Hotel
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 1, 2013
- Kolovare Hotel
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 15, 2013
- Pansion Maria
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Youth Hostel Zadar
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 8, 2013