"ZADAR" Top 5 Page for this destination Zadar by croisbeauty
Zadar Travel Guide: 409 reviews and 1,365 photos
Tela?cica - a large cove in the extreme south of the island Dugi Otok around 10 km long and between 160 and 1.800 m wide, with several expansions with sandy and mud bottoms.
The north-eastern coast of Tela?čica is predominantly bare, and the south-eastern part is covered by forest of pine, olive and fig trees.
The cove has 25 inlets, five islets and a special natural attraction, the salt lake.
The mysterious legends of buried gold and strange original inhabitants with five small horns on their heads fit into this marvellous and beautiful scenery.
I' ve lived four years in this beautiful and one of the oldest towns in whole Croatia. It was established almost three towsand years ago on a small peninsula preserving the ancient street grid as well as Roman forum (Forum Romanorum), dating back to the first century AD.
The church of St. Donat, leaning on the early Christian cathedral, was built in the early Middle Ages, most probably at the beginning of the 9th century. It was designed upon the early Byzantine tradition.
Fo?a, the small fishermen port situated next to the Lion's Gate, as far as I am concerned, is the most pitoresque spot in the old core of the town. It is a must see spot when visitig Zadar, not only because of the port, here you can find one of the most better fish restaurants in whole Croatia.
Fisheries is an important branch of Zadar economy but also, additional revenue in a home economics of the locals. There... more travel advice
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Zadar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "stones well beaten and sounds of the sea"
- "City with a Soul"
- "Zadar Love"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zadar
- Hotels in Zadar
- Transportation in Zadar
- Nightlife in Zadar
- Restaurants in Zadar
- Shopping in Zadar
- Warnings and Dangers in Zadar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zadar
- 57 Reviews
- 255 Photos
- 23 Forum posts
- 43 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (251)
Have you been to Zadar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zadar
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 268 reviews, 1232 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 244 reviews, 987 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 708 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 157 reviews, 609 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 141 reviews, 493 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 132 reviews, 501 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 120 reviews, 425 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 137 reviews, 408 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 95 reviews, 394 photos