"ZAGREB MY HOME TOWN" Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb by croisbeauty

Zagreb Travel Guide: 1,878 reviews and 4,724 photos

Tkalca, the most picturesque street in Zagreb

INTRODUCTION

In my opinion, there exist no uniform pattern for presenting one city because each of us is experienced it in a different way. This is a presentation of Zagreb, the city where I live, in my way that someone might not like it.
My basic idea was to present the city to those who have not yet visited Zagreb and plan to do it soon. In this sense, I cited a lot of data and images, as I think that the pictures are the best way to present a possible destination.
All images on this site are my own work, except for a couple of archival pictures.

ZAGREB, AGRAM, ZAGABRIA, three different names for the same place called home.

Zagreb is the city you just have to know better, it has a thousand faces, great historical heritage and the exceptional charm and hospitality of its residents. What is less known, concealed in fact, is the lovely natural, and rich cultural heritage of Zagreb's environs.
It is hard to decide the best way to get to know the city, its streets and its rhythm of life. I'll try to do my best.

(THIS IS NEVERENDING PAGE)

Getting your bearings

Trg bana J. Jelacica is the main square. You will use it as a meeting point, your location to catch trams and as a place to relax. Everything you need is immediate.
Donji grad (lower town) which is also home to a never-ending supplay of cafes, city parks, museums, shops and eating.
Gornji grad (upper town) , the old part of town and has numerous galleries, museums and churches. It's a fun place to poke around.
Kaptol is the home to the Cathedral, the famous cafe street Tkalciceva, and the city's most modern mall, Centar Kaptol.

Zagreb a clean city

The history of the town begans around 625 A.D., but, lets talk about Zagreb today.
In the recent World Economic Forum (Feb 2, 2002), Croatia was ranked the 11th cleanest country in the entire world! The town of Zagreb, as its capital city, is one of the cleanest towns on earth, there is no doubt of it.

• Pros:this is home
  • Cons:can't complain about my home
  • In a nutshell:friendly, open and good looking
  • Intro Updated Oct 23, 2014

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2014 at 5:20 AM

Very interesting page with great photos. I love the idea of a museum of broken relationships. Is it possible to get to Lake Varun by public transport? Irene

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo
      Mar 16, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Thank you. Yes Jarun Lake is located inside area of Zagreb, you can get there by tram.

• monkybiz's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2013 at 9:56 AM

vrlo detaljna prezentacija s obiljem izvanrednih slika, ovo je puno bolje od onoga što stoji na siteu Turističkog ureda grada

• Pomocub's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2013 at 2:18 AM

You have down your home town proud. Your page has made
    me want to visit Zagreb.

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2013 at 6:53 AM

Helpful tips, amazing pages Boris! If somebody comes to Zagreb what other places or islands are a must to visit?

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo
      Mar 22, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Hmm, there are plenty of places worth of visiting, it depend on your preferences. Dubrovnik and Plitvice Lakes are a must see. I suggest peninsula of Istria, coastal towns of Rovinj, Zadar, Trogir and Split and islands of Rab, Pag, Hvar, Korcula, Mljet. There are around 1.200 islands and islets, same as in Greece.

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo
      Mar 22, 2013 at 10:27 AM

When the time comes I will ask to recommend spots not to be missed. I am worried about Cyprus at the moment, but as a traveller I cannot stop dreaming or planning a trip. I have my Mum and siter in Cyprus, and the situation is really bad.

• Odiseya's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2012 at 5:26 AM

Sviđa mi se vaša stranica! Veoma ozbiljan pristup i korisne informacije. Odlične su Vam fotografije. Radujem se posjeti Vašem rodnom gradu.
    Puno pozdrava!

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2012 at 12:45 AM

We enjoyed Zagreb....and we saw The Museum of Broken Relationships.

• Pavlekin's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2011 at 5:01 AM

jako dobar posel ste ovdje napravili, sveobuhvatno i s jako puno detalja a i slike su vam perfektne

• Jeca011's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2010 at 8:18 AM

U ZG-u sam ovaj petak i subotu. Javila sam se Niksi mozda ako vidis i ti ovu poruku, uspes popiti kavicu sa starim net prijateljem :)

• Cool-123's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Very impressive pages!!! I am planning to go to Croatia for 3 weeks in Jul and definitely will stop in Zagreb for few days...See you around...

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2009 at 3:57 AM

Hello, Boris! You have very interesting & useful stories!

croisbeauty Lives Here!

croisbeauty

“aliis si licet, tibi non licet”

Badges & Stats in Zagreb