"croisbeauty's new Banja Luka Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Banja Luka by croisbeauty
Banja Luka Travel Guide: 215 reviews and 399 photos
Until Austro-Hungarian occupation, Banja Luka was a spitting image of a typical Muslim-Balkan type of town. Austro-Hungarian occupation brought noticeable changes, because many old buildings were removed, in order to make space for constructing the new ones. Todays Banja Luka, spreads over both banks of the Vrbas River, is the second biggest town in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The orthodox church of St. Ciril and Method is situated in the very heart of the town, a must see when visiting Banja Luka.
Thanks to VT member Traveeel, who lives in Banja Luka, I've learned it is not the church St. Ciril and Method, the name of the church is "Svete Trojice", the Holy Trinity.
Kneževo is small village nearby the town of Banja Luka in Bosnia. I was there this November of 2004 for a business trip. It was very cold but clear day after snowing.
Hand-made spinning wool is an very old tradition in Bosnia. Unfortunately, this kind of handicraft barely can be seen in... more travel advice
Banski dvori (the Duke Palace), also known as Banovina, was the seat of the Ban (Duke) who ruled in Vrhbosanska Županija... more travel advice
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Banja Luka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Banja Luka - Krajina beauty"
- "The biggest city in Republic of Srpska"
- "croisbeauty's new Banja Luka Page"
- "Quite a lively city scarred by war"
- "Little Serbia"
- "Green city on a green river"
- "The Capital City of Banja Luka"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Banja Luka
- Hotels in Banja Luka
- Transportation in Banja Luka
- Nightlife in Banja Luka
- Restaurants in Banja Luka
- Shopping in Banja Luka
- Warnings and Dangers in Banja Luka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Banja Luka
- 30 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (145)
Have you been to Banja Luka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Banja Luka
Photos in Banja LukaSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Intro, 252 reviews, 1172 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 220 reviews, 835 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 200 reviews, 708 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 155 reviews, 602 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 123 reviews, 469 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Intro, 129 reviews, 454 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bologna Intro, 135 reviews, 398 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berlin Intro, 116 reviews, 411 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 105 reviews, 395 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 92 reviews, 383 photos